The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

What I find interesting if that is the right word is that after Prógres we never bought one player apart from Dorrans who obviously is a board choice or recommendation. That was even with Pedro saying we are going to be bringing in more players. I just wonder how much backing he has from the board.

What about Nemane and Declan John?

The truth is most of our business was done early doors.

What about Nemane and Declan John?

The truth is most of our business was done early doors.

I don't think you can count them as they are loan and I feel the DOF has more to do with them as Pedro.

Have you considered that after progress we simply had less cash to spend.

This is of course the reality of the situation in that our budget will most likely have been for another 2 rounds of qualies, and then perhaps some more funds would be released if we somehow got through to the groups.

The Progres defeat meant two things; the first is that our budget was now significantly reduced, and secondly the board may have realised that the manager is not as good as they thought and is only a few bad defeats away from needing replaced and that will cost whatever money they have left.

Might be worth contemplating to play some of the Development games at Ibrox with e.g. reduced entry fees for ST holders etc. to cover the costs and produce some income - which should be made known to the support:

https://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/development-squad-fixtures/

... as well as whipping up the odd friendly against decent opposition under the same conditions as above.

Might be worth contemplating to play some of the Development games at Ibrox with e.g. reduced entry fees for ST holders etc. to cover the costs and produce some income - which should be made known to the support:

... as well as whipping up the odd friendly against decent opposition under the same conditions as above.

They are at Ibrox I believe.

Rangers used to get 5000 at reseve games.

Quote Originally Posted by the gunslinger View Post

Have you considered that after progress we simply had less cash to spend.

Pedro said up until the last day at least 2 new signings were coming in. That would make him a liar then.

Maybe I'm too old or too "good", but I would refrain from slinging words like "liar" at people like PC for a word or two uttered in good faith in an interview.

One may argue that he could have used different words etc., he obviously is a foreigner and his command of English is "not that bad", but likewise, he ain't a full blown translator so might get a sentence/idiom/phrase wrong. And in that case one should show enough dignity to oversee that. Which is a more general remark and not aimed at the argument above.

In this case, as it indeed happens with the ITK chaps, he gets informations and relates them to us. This information comes with as certain amount of variables attached to it, outwith PC's and the club's influence. So he could have spared us of any information (which would have earned him some scorn as well), or said what he knew at the time. As it stands, we seemed rather certain that the Walker deal happened, but Hearts didn't budge and essentially ended up with a rebel player (who will sure go on about his work in a professional manner (albeit with far less enthusiasm) - even though all the Jambos will give him bother till January at least - which will make him try all the harder to do well for them, "of course" .... ) and most likely get even less money in January, if any. Pointless gamesmanship on their part, similar to Aberdeen's over McLean.

We got 11 players in and have sure strengthened all the vital areas. We play decent enough football and with some luck and more compitive games under our belt, we can sure look forward to a decent season.

PS: Freebies can still be signed.

Rangers used to get 5000 at reseve games.

Pedro said up until the last day at least 2 new signings were coming in. That would make him a liar then.

Loan deals are still signings. They are temporary rather than permanent, but they are still signings.

I bet the majority of managers would be proven to be "liars" in transfer windows. Look at the carnage in England on the last day - high profile ones like Arsenal agreeing to sell Sanchez to City, but only if they found a replacement, only to not get a replacement and cancel the Sanchez deal.

Plenty of people beat Pedro with a stick - is there really a need to beat him over this too ? We are all mature enough to understand that transfer windows are very fluid and things can change by the minute.