The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

That might be your opinion, but I still can't remember a "squad full of dumplings" under Warburton. It is one thing to look at "the quality" of each individual, not least on hindsight, but a quite different thing to look at what was available at the time, willing to come, and affordable. I think we spent about 2m max last season and next to nothing the season before. So what quality can be expected? None of anything that many consider Rangers standard. But a squad of "dumplings" does not win the Championship nor beat Scum FC in a Cup Semi-Final, does it? That they allhad a sub-standard season last time around does not push anything beforehand down the drain. It happens to many teams over the years and AFAIK, the distance to the mighty Dons in 2nd was equally tall? So a small amount of objectivity should still be with us, don't you think?

a squad losing 5-1 TWICE to the scum in one season is very much choc full of dumplings

a squad losing 5-1 TWICE to the scum in one season is very much choc full of dumplings

If you look at results as such, you might be correct. But if you take in all facts about both games, you get back to a reality level required for reasonable debate.

If you look at results as such, you might be correct. But if you take in all facts about both games, you get back to a reality level required for reasonable debate.

What facts dB? It could have been 10 at Ibrox! I remember walking out the piggery after the 5-1 humiliating thinking it couldn't get worse. Oh how wrong I was!

What facts dB? It could have been 10 at Ibrox! I remember walking out the piggery after the 5-1 humiliating thinking it couldn't get worse. Oh how wrong I was!

Like us being formwise all over the place, our just-turned18 fullback giving away a penalty 3 mins in, they scored some screamers that they hardly replicated that often before and after ... and as opposed to us came in high on confidence with a clicking team that was running away with anything? It was one of those days like the 6-2 mauling Advocaat had, when all went for them and nothing for us ... only that this time around we did not even have the quality (for various reasons) to create an chances of our own. If the latter make our players dumplings, than that is showing a stark loss of objectivity. But suum cuique, as they say. Both OF games have been "analyized" to death, they are in the past and I for one look forward, as no debate will change the records.

Like us being formwise all over the place, our just-turned18 fullback giving away a penalty 3 mins in, they scored some screamers that they hardly replicated that often before and after ... and as opposed to us came in high on confidence with a clicking team that was running away with anything? It was one of those days like the 6-2 mauling Advocaat had, when all went for them and nothing for us ... only that this time around we did not even have the quality (for various reasons) to create an chances of our own. If the latter make our players dumplings, than that is showing a stark loss of objectivity. But suum cuique, as they say. Both OF games have been "analyized" to death, they are in the past and I for one look forward, as no debate will change the records.

None of that actually matters when someone is saying we got humiliated. We did. It is a fact, stop trying to hide from it.

Every match against Celtic last season was an embarrassment, apart from the draw at the Piggery.

Even in the matches where the score was closer, we were poor, showed minimal fight and made errors all over the park.

Apart from Tav and Wes, Warburton brought in some people nowhere fit to play for Rangers. How anyone can deny that is beyond me, given the humiliations suffered last season.

And yet a number of these same players are now excelling in England. Whatever was wrong it wasn't all down to 'dumplings'

If a professional footballer, indeed any athlete, isn't supplying 100% effort and performance then he's either a dumpling or a fraudster.

To be honest, with most of the guys we let go, I'd prefer to call them fraudsters.