The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Anyone who walked away can stay away as far as I am concerned .

I would probably take anyone back apart from Naeshame and Whittaker. They would both be a huge improvement on what we have, but not for me. Take a dump on the Ibrox floor (or the equivalent by their comments) and there is no going back.

Any of the players being released by Norwich would strengthen our squad enormously (the two Centre backs especially) but as always there is a reason they are being released. Whether it be injury, loss of form, wage demands, we would need to do our homework. Every penny is a prisoner. Hopefully Pedro has a long list of players who understand his philosophy and what he expects from his team, because the current lot just don't seem to be able to grasp the nettle.

I know of the rumour/link about Dorrans, the other Norwich players I was referring to!

I think JJ recently attended a Norwich match, so the media are throwing around the names of all of the freebies, ex Rangers players and Scottish players, in the hope that we sign one of them and they can say how well connected they are!

Generally, I don't like previous players coming back - especially ones from the EPL etc. I tend to see it as a sing they're winding down their career....if they are still capable of playing to the highest level, they will be snapped up by another EPL club. Also, they have had their stint at the club, what more could they offer???

The club needs to move forward, both in terms of the players they bring in & the infrastructure that identifies those players. Simply bringing in ex-players cos they were previously good is lazy scouting. We need scouts/contacts out there to identify fresh talent that we can bring in at a good price & develop - which was supposed to happen with Dodoo.

Anyone who wouldn't take a player of Naismiths quality back is kidding themselves. We aren't in a position to hold grudges. Instant improvement on what we have

The way I see it is I was a huge fan of Naismith and was gutted not only about him walking away but him & Whittakers' interview was nothing but a massive kick in the balls to Rangers fans! and for that reason I would not want to see either of them back at Ibrox, however if either of them did return they would get my backing as all Rangers players do, but it's still a no from me!.

But Dorrans isnt one of the players being released. Either he is part of Norwich plans or they can sense they will get fee for him.

Makes me feel sick just considering them coming back. There is not a league position low enough that would make me okay with their return. Someone said in our position we can't say no. I would say to that its when your down at your lowest your true character comes out.

I will never stand in Ibrox and accept that slap in the face,never in a million years will I sink that low to embrace people who left us for dead. Would rather watch ten in a row for that scum than become someone who depends on and celebrates people like that wearing our strip. I'm only one fan and could never stop it from happening but I can sure as hell make sure not a single penny of mine goes to those players.

It's alright to say we have to get players develope them and sell them on,but in the current situation if we want to succeed many of the players we get in will need some experience and be able to hit the ground running because at the moment players already brought in to develope are showing no progressive signs.

It's alright to say we have to get players develope them and sell them on,but in the current situation if we want to succeed many of the players we get in will need some experience and be able to hit the ground running because at the moment players already brought in to develope are showing no progressive signs.

don't think anyone could disagree that Dumbell-eh has hit the ground running - 32 goals this season. 20yr old with 101 games of experience. If they are good enough, their good enough.

A lot of attention is placed on experience, but that has a lot of different facets - look at young Beerman, 18yr old & played 3 senior games - 2 of which were OF games....I'm pretty sure he will struggle to top the experience gained in those 2 matches alone. Also, experience counts for nothing if it isn't conveyed on the pitch. Experience can also lead to predictability and is absolutely no guarantee or marker of success.

Unfortunately Beerman has long way to go shows potential(Bates likewise) but was not too impressed with either in games played,would like to see what some of our on loan players can do.