C****c Fire Warning To Semi Final Officials

Interesting that its mainstream mouthpiece confirms that fhilthfc is responsible for training, recruitment, and career development of match officials in Scotland.

It's good to have that substantiated, publicly.

Interesting also that Brenda is put forward as Compliance Officer for officials: comply with whatever is in the interests of rahoops, or face the consequences.

The recent pronunciamentos are dog whistles -of somewhat low frequency, thus easily discernible- intended to remind everyone that rasellik remains in charge of Scottish football.

Edited by Uilleam

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers says Don Robertson's hopes of being a top ref will be over if he makes another high profile blunder

Rodgers is still angry at Robertson's award of a penalty to Ross County six days ago and has warned the ref he can't afford another mistake when assisting in tomorrow's Rangers clash.

Brendan Rodgers last night warned blunder ref Don Robertson another high-profile howler at Hampden may end his hopes of becoming a top whistler.

The Celtic manager was staggered six days ago when the official awarded a penalty against Erik Sviatchenko after Alex Schalk’s dive in their 2-2 draw with Ross County.

Refs chief John Fleming later phoned Rodgers to apologise for the calamitous call yet Robertson is straight back in action as one of the assistants behind a goal in tomorrow’s Scottish Cup clash between Celtic and Rangers.

Although Rodgers is adamant more should be done to help Scotland’s officials, he insists another drastic mistake could have a major impact on Robertson’s career.

He said: “I don’t want to throw the kid to the garbage when he is learning his profession but, if he makes too many of them, he is not going to be a top-class ref.

“He had better not do what the Ross County guy did and miss that one. That would be two in a week and then he is really struggling to be a top-class ref.

“Get him out there but we have to help raise the standard. I took a call from Fleming apologising on Don’s and his behalf.

“It was a very respectful and courteous thing to do.“I don’t need Don to ring me, I just need him to apologise to Erik.

“We make mistakes but our job is to try to help the standard of refereeing.“Up here we don’t have the budget, the refs aren’t full-time and you don’t have the resources that some other countries have.

“You have a small pool of referees that you are trying to promote and you have to help them. I am all for that.“But like I say, if you make too many, you will suffer in your career.”

Rodgers believes more teamwork is required among Scotland’s officials after ref Robertson appeared not to take any advice or get any help from his assistants in Dingwall.

Rodgers said: “I’ve seen an image of it and I can see my reaction in the background straight away.“The linesman, fourth official and ref are closer than me, so I don’t think there was a lot of help there. They’re supposed to work as a team, so the responsibility isn’t solely on him.

“Hopefully with more experience he learns to slow down his thinking. He clearly thought it was (a penalty) because he never interacted with any of them – and that is the worry. It is simulation but you have got to see it.”

I'm not pulling fast one Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers admits Scott Brown’s Ross County red card appeal is all about justice

The Hoops captain was sent off against the Staggies and faced an immediate two-match ban

By Andy Devlin

BRENDAN RODGERS denies trying to beat the system.But the Celtic boss freely admits to pursuing justice.

Conspiracy theories abounded after Easter Monday helped clear Scott Brown to face Rangers in tomorrow’s Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden.

The Hoops captain was sent off against Ross County last week and faced an immediate two-match ban.But he caught a break when Hampden offices closed for the bank holiday, delaying the SFA’s fast-track process.Rodgers officially appealed the decision on Tuesday — but only, he says, in the interests of fairness.

The Celtic boss said: “I didn’t think it was a red card, hence the reason for us to appeal, irrespective of Easter holidays and notes from the SFA.“I felt the player was caught late. We appeal because of the inconsistency.

“The referee was the same referee when Kieran Tierney got a challenge in the Motherwell game at home and Ryan Bowman got a yellow card.“Scott was a fraction late. Yes, it was aggressive and at speed, but it was mistimed.

“And it was also following a moment of . . . well, I think we’ve all seen it. It’s absolutely natural for a player to be angered.

“He’s gone to be hard and aggressive, to win the ball, and he’s a fraction out. For me, there was a reason there to appeal.“Am I glad to have him? Absolutely. He’s been outstanding and not once has he shown that this season. Not once.

“How he has kept his temper and his cool, and how he has played in pressure games. He’s been calm. It was a moment that he’s not shown all season.“He’s experienced enough to know. He knows where he’s at.“He could not have been involved in the game and that would have been a disappointment.“But he is and that’s the most important thing.”

Rodgers believes one more high-profile mistake could damage Don Robertson’s hopes of becoming a top-class referee.

Last Sunday’s whistler was at the centre of a diving storm in Dingwall when he failed to spot Alex Schalk’s act of simulation.

But Rodgers insisted: “I don’t think he received a lot of help.

“I’ve seen an image of it from behind the goal. As soon as the boy goes over, I can see a reaction from me in the background straight away with my arms aloft.

“The linesman, the fourth official and the ref are much closer than me. They are supposed to work as a team and there wasn’t a lot of help there so the responsibility isn’t solely on him.

“A fourth official has to be strong, the linesman has to be strong if you see something like that and, of course, the referee too.“In situations like that, then hopefully with experience he learns to slow down his thinking.“But he clearly thought it was because he never interacted with any of them. That is the worry.

“Players will continue to do it. It is the modern game.“We’ve seen penalties and bad decisions given in Champions League games but something like that you have to be clear on.“It is simulation, yes, but you have got to see it.”

Rodgers isn’t impressed with the standard of refereeing in Scotland.

He added: “There’s no chance the standard is the same as down south. Nowhere near it.“Everyone talks about video but you have to be careful on that.“I would be nearly sure that if you brought video in certain instances it would be fine, but it depends on how far you go with it.“I would be nearly sure that 50 per cent of yellow cards might be red cards.

“Look at the tackle on Scott Sinclair last week, the Kieran Tierney one, the tackle on Scotty in the same game — those would be red cards.“They need help here, absolutely. It comes hand n hand. If you don’t have the economic resources, then what do you do?”

Celtic face arch-rivals Rangers tomorrow, with a place in the Scottish Cup Final up for grabs.

While Rodgers’ men are chasing an historic domestic Treble, his Ibrox counterpart Pedro Caixinha is gearing up for his first Old Firm experience.

And the Hoops boss reckons it will be a different Rangers his side face tomorrow.Rodgers said: “They look as if they go direct at times.

“Martyn Waghorn is taking long throws into the box. I noticed that.“Obviously, Pedro has come in and has his own ideas and his own ways of working.

“He wants to set them up to play in a slightly different way.

“They still look to play and they’re still open, but they’re more pragmatic and maybe not so keen to play short or pass it — they are happy to go longer.

“We always prepare, even though this is the fifth time we’ve played them. Although we know a lot of the players, we still make the same study and the same analysis as we did for the first game.“We are looking at what we think we can exploit.”