The Fifth Official Gersnet Dinner

eos_dinner_2017_c.jpg

The Fifth (formerly Semi-Annual) Official Gersnet Dinner will be held at La Fiorentina Ristorante, 2 Paisley Rd W, Glasgow G51 1LE, following our last home league match versus Hearts on Saturday 13 May 2017. In line with the 12.15pm KO we will congregate at the restaurant from around 2.30pm for 3.00pm.

Our special guest will be Ally Scott. Ally was a striker who signed for Rangers from Queens Park in 1973 and went on to score 20 goals in 54 appearances (including at least one vs Celtic) before leaving for Hibs, Morton, Thistle, QoS and East Stirling.

Ally was a striker who signed for Rangers from Queens Park in 1973 and went on to score 20 goals in 54 appearances (including at least two vs Celtic) before leaving for Hibs, Morton, Thistle, QoS and East Stirling.

BtQKBpz.jpg

Ally played cricket at school and holds a 1st class honours degree in Natural Philosophy i.e. Physics. Since retiring as a player in 1982 he has had a long career in financial services and works as a part time journalist at Ibrox on match days.

The price is £17.50 per head for a 3-course Italian Menu. Lump sum payment is preferred but if that causes anyone any difficulty I will be happy to accept a £10 deposit. Full payment or deposit must be paid by Saturday 29 April 2017 with the balance payable by Saturday 6th of May 2017.

The restaurant is under new management since January this year and almost all the reviews on TripAdvisor are *****

Now it has changed hands its back to its best! The food is superb and the staff are really attentive - nothing is too much trouble. It has a lovely, friendly and welcoming atmosphere again and is fabulous value for money.

My steak was the best I've ever had.....

The food was gorgeous, the restaurant very cossie (sic) and the staff very polite! By far the best Italian I've ever been to!

Beautiful food in a very friendly atmosphere.

The staff were very helpful handling our large group plus late comers easily providing great food promptly and the restaurant itself was a pleasure to have a meal in.

Had an incredible time here at the weekend celebrating with friends. Such a great atmosphere in La Fiorentina, like a little part of Italy in Scotland. The staff were incredible, very welcoming and on the ball.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186534-d1087984-Reviews-or40-La_Fiorentina-Glasgow_Scotland.html#REVIEWS

We have a private room at the back of the restaurant but this does mean that we require a minimum of 20 covers to go ahead. The maximum seating will be 36; first come first served.

For those who have attended in the past, the bank details remain the same. Newbies please PM me for details. Please post to this thread when you have paid and I will confirm.

Refund Policy

Full refunds will be available up to Saturday 6 May 2017. Thereafter, there will be no refunds, except in exceptional circumstances. My decision on that will be final, subject to appeal to site admin. There will be no refunds at all after final numbers are given to the restaurant, date to be advised. No exceptions.

Edited by Frankie
Refund Policy

At this time 6 tickets have been sold, to: me, GS, plgsarmy, rbr, BD and Boabie.

Approximately 5 others and one or two possible guests have expressed interest in the original thread.

Unfortunately previous attendees, Charltonman (and the lovely Samantha), Mountain Bear, TB and SteveC have indicated that they cannot attend on this occasion.

I will be in touch with all the others who have attended in the past but I would stress that we do need 20 confirmed by next weekend to make this a viable proposition.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I will be attending with my son so that is 2.

Yes thanks, still trying to get the IBAN number for you (and Gribz?).

I also have a message from Colin Stein (ours not the real one) who is in Spain with no access to internet and is coming in a party of 3.

I think we're in the range 16-20 at the moment but it's often slow to pick up and some folk need to wait till the end of the month to pay.

Im in Kuala Lumpur May 7 - 11 but trying to switch things. If successful with changes then I will straight away be in touch but its looking very tight at the moment. Id love to get over for it, its 13 years since the original first Gersnet meet up which was far too short of a few drinks before the game although 4 or 5 of us (none except me post on here now) did go for a crawl after the game.

Im in Kuala Lumpur May 7 - 11 but trying to switch things. If successful with changes then I will straight away be in touch but its looking very tight at the moment. Id love to get over for it, its 13 years since the original first Gersnet meet up which was far too short of a few drinks before the game although 4 or 5 of us (none except me post on here now) did go for a crawl after the game.

I'm counting you IN, Gribz :D

If you can't make it just send me the air fare and we'll have a very good night on you. :cheers:

Edited by BrahimHemdani

If everything has gone well the the money is on it's way. I am not sure how long a foreign transaction takes. It will probably take a few days as it does if we transfer money from our Dutch account to our German account. Anyway my Internet banking told me the money was sent.

If everything has gone well the the money is on it's way. I am not sure how long a foreign transaction takes. It will probably take a few days as it does if we transfer money from our Dutch account to our German account. Anyway my Internet banking told me the money was sent.

Thanks, I checked just now and not surprisingly it's not there yet; but I am checking that account daily now, so I'll post when it's in.

Thanks, I checked just now and not surprisingly it's not there yet; but I am checking that account daily now, so I'll post when it's in.

I doubt much will happen until Monday and the banks could take up to 4 days so I would expect it to come between Tuesday and Thursday.