The Fifth Official Gersnet Dinner

Im in Kuala Lumpur May 7 - 11 but trying to switch things. If successful with changes then I will straight away be in touch but its looking very tight at the moment. Id love to get over for it, its 13 years since the original first Gersnet meet up which was far too short of a few drinks before the game although 4 or 5 of us (none except me post on here now) did go for a crawl after the game.

Cleared space for your PM.......

Cricketer, philosopher, 1st class honours degree.

I require further evidence this gentleman was a footballer.

.......and you forgot part time journalist.

Of course some say he was never a footballer but if you come along to the dinner you can investigate further.

At this time, we only have 6 paid plus Pete & Son whose remittance is winging its way through the international banking system; so a total of 8.

I have just had news that another regular is unable to attend which I think takes out a party of 3/4.

When this was mooted last December there seemed to be a lot of interest and almost universal agreement to have it at the end of the season. Unlike two years ago when we we were in the play offs, there were only 2 alternative dates. So it is extremely disappointing to say the least that we are struggling badly for numbers.

The minimum for the private room is 20 and I am not going to be embarrassed with a guest speaker and an audience of 10 or 12.

So if we don't get to 20 by the end of the week I will have no alternative but to cancel.

In order not to disappoint Pete in particular who has organised his trip to coincide with the event, I will organise a table in the restaurant or elsewhere so we can still have a get together and a meal.

It's really disappointing when these things don't pan out as hoped.

Unfortunately the Premiership split makes planning such events difficult for all concerned as the relative short notice means some folk have prior commitments despite wanting to go.

I'm sure those who can go would very much still like to have something less formal at the restaurant and if we're to hold something in the future then we perhaps hold it pre-split giving everyone plenty of notice.

Thanks again to BH for trying his best to accommodate us all and apologies to anyone disappointed by the likely cancellation.

I can confirm that Pete & Son have paid, bringing the total sold to 8.

However, I see no point in prolonging the agony.

If there is no more interest in the next 48 hours I will be compelled, however reluctantly, to cancel.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

A number of people who previously indicated their intention to attend have not paid or indicated one way or the other.

Can those people now oblige by making their intentions clear.

If all those who indicated that they would attend but have not so far indicated otherwise, now confirm, it might still be possible to save the event.

Thank you.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

A number of people who previously indicated their intention to attend have not paid or indicated one way or the other.

Can those people now oblige by making their intentions clear.

If all those who indicated that they would attend but have not so far indicated otherwise, now confirm, it might still be possible to save the event.

Thank you.

I'm in for 3 places. Could you send me bank details etc.

ta