The Fifth Official Gersnet Dinner

As the numbers are stuck on 11, even with one or two people saying they may be able to come along depending on arrangements on the day, it is clear that we are not going to reach the 20 required for the private room.

Therefore I have no choice other than to release the private room and I will see if the restaurant can accommodate a table for 11/12 in the main dining area. If not I will make alternative arrangements in another restaurant.

I am minded to give Ally the choice of coming along for dinner with us or taking a rain check; either way it's somewhat embarrassing.

I would just like to add that I find this outcome very disappointing to say the least. The two alternative dates have been known for 5 months when everyone was very enthusiastic and whilst I appreciate that the actual date was not confirmed until two weeks ago, that was a full month ahead of the match/dinner.

Regardless, the diehards will do our best to entertain the newbies, Boabie and Pete & Son.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I am minded to give Ally the choice of coming along for dinner with us or taking a rain check; either way it's somewhat embarrassing.

It's my feeling that he probably shouldn't be invited along. It's no longer a dinner where he is the special guest and would have his dinner paid for and is now just a dinner for people who know each other on-line or who have met before.

You've been put in an awkward position but better just to have the clean break and say it's been cancelled.

It's a disappointment but we're a small forum and these things happen.

If we organise something else next season then perhaps Ally can be invited along to that.

It's my feeling that he probably shouldn't be invited along. It's no longer a dinner where he is the special guest and would have his dinner paid for and is now just a dinner for people who know each other on-line or who have met before.

You've been put in an awkward position but better just to have the clean break and say it's been cancelled.

I know you didn't mean it that way, BD, but he has actually been invited and accepted; now it's a case of saying the event has been cancelled and he'll draw his own conclusion from that.

It's a disappointment but we're a small forum and these things happen.

If we organise something else next season then perhaps Ally can be invited along to that.

Comments noted.

The dinner was costed to cover the cost of the guest's meal, drinks and expenses; so depending on the outcome with the restaurant we may be able to use any surplus to have the first drink "free".

I appreciate that these things happen but if everyone who indicated that they were coming at the outset and their guests had bought tickets then we would easily have doubled the numbers.

Anyway, as I said, those of us who are going will be sure to enjoy ourselves.

PS: Did I mention that the Rangers Ladies Team are coming in their strips (no offence to our other lady guests). :party3:

Edited by BrahimHemdani

The dinner was costed to cover the cost of the guest's meal, drinks and expenses; so depending on the outcome with the restaurant we may be able to use any surplus to have the first drink "free".

Outcome with the restaurant? Are we not just going to be ordering off the a la carte and therefore there's no negotiation required?

we've got a new Spanish song for the occasion.

Hola, hola somos los ninos Guillermo ......and nobody will know what it means........Hasta nuestras rodillas en la sangre fenian, rendición o morirás.......

hasta luego coccodriila (they don't have a word for alligator)

we've got a new Spanish song for the occasion.

Hola, hola somos los ninos Guillermo ......and nobody will know what it means........Hasta nuestras rodillas en la sangre fenian, rendición o morirás.......

hasta luego coccodriila (they don't have a word for alligator)

It's in La Fiorentina, not Malaga Tapas this time, CS. Sons of Guillermo, indeed! I'll stick with Sangre de Toro, gracias usted.

Edited by BrahimHemdani