I know I've started a thread before on here about the player and don't mind repeating myself about doing it again.

Kenny at the ripe old age of 38 is still doing it for us, in fact I'd say he's overstepping the 'real' KM in that he has found himself more than at any time in his whole career.

Okay we haven't won anything of great importance during his third stint wearing the jersey but when on the park in the past couple of months he's excelled beyond the call of duty.

Miller has a knack of scoring 'big goals' as opposed to being a prolific striker in the sense. His 9 goals throughout his career against our only rivals stands proud alongside any other striker who's played in these games.

He did it last year when Broon sclaffed a clearance into his path finishing with aplomb, his two goals against Aberdeen were top quality if you want to compare them with any of today's top players, last weeks header across the keeper and into the far corner was sublime too.

Kenny scored a beautiful winner a few years back when down to 9 men in a cup final, this is what he does at times...important times.

I believe he's only a couple of games off from entering Rangers 'Hall of Fame'.

This Sunday and the 27th May.

An ex tim player in our Hall of Fame? Wait!

I know I've started a thread before on here about the player and don't mind repeating myself about doing it again.

Kenny at the ripe old age of 38 is still doing it for us, in fact I'd say he's overstepping the 'real' KM in that he has found himself more than at any time in his whole career.

Okay we haven't won anything of great importance during his third stint wearing the jersey but when on the park in the past couple of months he's excelled beyond the call of duty.

Miller has a knack of scoring 'big goals' as opposed to being a prolific striker in the sense. His 9 goals throughout his career against our only rivals stands proud alongside any other striker who's played in these games.

He did it last year when Broon sclaffed a clearance into his path finishing with aplomb, his two goals against Aberdeen were top quality if you want to compare them with any of today's top players, last weeks header across the keeper and into the far corner was sublime too.

Kenny scored a beautiful winner a few years back when down to 9 men in a cup final, this is what he does at times...important times.

I believe he's only a couple of games off from entering Rangers 'Hall of Fame'.

This Sunday and the 27th May.

An ex tim player in our Hall of Fame? Wait!

I think he should already be in our hall of fame. Whether he gets a new contract or not lies on whether the manager can replace him with a better player.

N7xOwpm.png

Miller scores the winner in the 2010 CIS Cup Final vs St Mirren

Danny Wilson was one of those sent off from this team:

Rangers

25 Alexander

03 Weir

05 Papac

16 Whittaker yellow card

66 Wilson red card

06 McCulloch yellow card

07 Davis (Edu 45)

08 Thomson red card

09 Boyd (Naismith 79)

10 Novo (Smith 89)

18 Miller

I think he should already be in our hall of fame. Whether he gets a new contract or not lies on whether the manager can replace him with a better player.

No he's close to it, it'll depend on what happens on Sunday and thereafter...unfortunately we have a poor squad of players compared to what we are up against on Sunday...I'm only basing that on them being better paid than our players and that's not a dig at what we have...most of our players on top form can match theirs.

PC as manager will already have stirred the pot of 'comfort zone Brenda' using his 'studied' approach as opposed to 'moaning' about referees 'up here' like the guy in the 'wanky jacket' does.

Brenda is prime for toasting...no better time than Sunday.

Miller is the player of the season by a mile; with Clint Hill second IMHO.

I agree he's probably been our best player, but Foderingham must be close too. Miller's workrate is better than anyone in the league and he shows no signs of losing fitness with age. Miller seems to be able to step up his game against tougher opposition and I think that's my problem with him. He obviously has another gear but it's rarely used. It's not that he works any less against weaker opposition, but he certainly doesn't appear to concentrate the same. I'd like us to sign someone who can score goals more consistently and if we do, I can't see where he fits in to the team, meaning that he would be an impact sub if anything. I don't think that'll satisfy him in his final years so he may be off.

Miller has had a fine season in what has largely been an under-performing team. Only Foderingham (and perhaps latterly Hyndman) can say they've been as consistent.

Yes, his goals for tally may not be all that impressive at first glance but given his often deeper, wider role and the creative responsibilities placed upon him then that's understandable.

Quite simply the guy remains one of our best players. I'm not sure that is something to boast of for anyone but no fair-minded person can deny his contribution has been a positive one in his third spell. Of course we'd all rather have a Diego Costa in his place but until that happens Miller, rightly or wrongly, remains one of our better options and I'm pretty sure his contract will be extended.

it's looks likely we'll qualify for the EL next season with the first qualifying game at the end of June.

We'll be unable to sign anyone before then so it's a no-brainer to offer Miller a new contract for next season for that reason alone.

Whether he plays as many games next season is another matter

Good shout Frankie with Foderingham. Certainly a contender for our POTY and keepers are often over looked. Ive always said there should be a POTY in every league and a Keeper of the year in a separate award.

Miller has never been an out and out goalscorer. Boyd was a poacher (albeit it against poor opposition) but can you imagine Boyd going what Miller does all over the park and hitting a screamer like Pittodrie 2 weeks ago? Plus off the park Miller is a model Pro.

Id say the Club is better with Kenny around the place than not. As such I hope he gets a final year or is kept on in some capacity.