[FT] Celtic 2 - 0 Rangers

Todays result/performance had nothing to do with the ref!

I think the reference is to Don Robertson rather than Willie Collum and get to him they did. It's hardly normal for a behind the goal assistant to make such a decision. They usually do or say nothing unless consulted (and usually not then either). Dire though we were in the first half, that moment came at a critical juncture - we had two subs on, we'd been a bit more aggressive and then we were flattened by a decision made by the very man they had hounded all week.

Edited by SteveC

Todays result/performance had nothing to do with the ref!

The only celtc fan i have talked to admits they got to the ref.

If they had got to the ref then both Halliday and Beerman would have been sent off.

If anything that ploy proved counter productive as the ref showed that he was in no way intimidated.

They didn't need the ref to beat us; they managed that quite easily enough on their own account.

PS. Not often Ian and I are in agreement :D

Edited by BrahimHemdani

If they had got to the ref then both Halliday and Beerman would have been sent off.

If anything that ploy proved counter productive as the ref showed that he was in no way intimidated.

They didn't need the ref to beat us; they managed tbat quite easily enough on their own account.

PS. Not often Ian and I are in agreement :D

Just shows how bad we were ;)

Pedro surely can't start with Garner and Waghorn next week. Garner just cannot hold play up to bring others into the game, in fact I am struggling to see what his assets are, apart from the odd win of a header, but not directed at goal. I think Waghorn will play because we have no one better, although it looks like he will never score. Dodoo cannot hold the ball up either, but can be effective coming off the bench.

I think the reference is to Don Robertson rather than Willie Collum and get to him they did. It's hardly normal for a behind the goal assistant to make such a decision. They usually do or say nothing unless consulted (and usually not then either). Dire though we were in the first half, that moment came at a critical juncture - we had two subs on, we'd been a bit more aggressive and then we were flattened by a decision made by the very man they had hounded all week.

Well I thought it was a penalty, I still don't think we deserved much from that match tbh. We were poor and they were better.

Pedro surely can't start with Garner and Waghorn next week. Garner just cannot hold play up to bring others into the game, in fact I am struggling to see what his assets are, apart from the odd win of a header, but not directed at goal. I think Waghorn will play because we have no one better, although it looks like he will never score. Dodoo cannot hold the ball up either, but can be effective coming off the bench.

Garner has been a poor signing!, and I have given up on Waghorn!

Edited by ian1964

Well I thought it was a penalty, I still don't think we deserved much from that match tbh. We were poor and they were better.

It may well have been - as I said previously, I have seen two camera angles and from one it seems a definite penalty and from the other it wasn't. - but my point is that the ref could not see it from either of those angles, however. He couldn't see through the player to see when the contact with the ball was made. The ref couldn't give it and the linesman didn't give it. Don Robertson gave it and regardless of whether it was or was not, that is highly unusual.

Of course we didn't deserve anything. However, that could have changed things. We were looking better and that ended that spell

Edited by SteveC

It may well have been - as I said previously, I have seen two camera angles and from one it seems a definite penalty and from the other it wasn't. - but my point is that the ref could not see it from either of those angles, however. He couldn't see through the player to see when the contact with the ball was made. The ref couldn't give it and the linesman didn't give it. Don Robertson gave it and regardless of whether it was or was not, that is highly unusual.

I hear you, but is that not what he is there for?, I agree it is unusual as I've never heard of that happening before!

I hear you, but is that not what he is there for?, I agree it is unusual as I've never heard of that happening before!

Yes, that's how it should work - but hardly ever does. Why pick bloody today, of all days, to be the exception and do the right thing (if it was a penalty)

And the reason why is the pressure he's been put under. I've no doubt that if he hadn't given Ross County a penalty he'd have done bugger all today, whether he thought it was a penalty or not.

Edited by SteveC