[FT] Celtic 2 - 0 Rangers

Not mentioned in the TV coverage, I presume.

Actually Walker and Crocker duetted:

There's a uniform that's hangin'

in what's known as Father's room

A uniform so simple in its style

It's got no braid of gold nor silk

Nor hat with feathered plume

but me mother has preserved it all the while

One day she had me try it on

a wish of mine for years

"In mem'ry of your father dear," she said

And when I put the Sam Brown on

She was smilin' through her tears

When I put the Broad Black Brimmer

On me head

Chorus

It's just a Broad Black Brimmer

Ribbons frayed and torn

In a careless whisk of manys about the breeze

An old trench coat that's all battle stained and worn

And breeches almost threadbare at the knees

A Sam Brown belt with a buckle big and strong

And a holster that's been empty manys a day (but not for long)

When Ireland gets her freedom

The one they'll choose to lead 'em

will wear the Broad Black Brimmer

Of the I.R.A.

Actually Walker and Crocker duetted:

There's a uniform that's hangin'

in what's known as Father's room

A uniform so simple in its style

It's got no braid of gold nor silk

Nor hat with feathered plume

but me mother has preserved it all the while

One day she had me try it on

a wish of mine for years

"In mem'ry of your father dear," she said

And when I put the Sam Brown on

She was smilin' through her tears

When I put the Broad Black Brimmer

On me head

Chorus

It's just a Broad Black Brimmer

Ribbons frayed and torn

In a careless whisk of manys about the breeze

An old trench coat that's all battle stained and worn

And breeches almost threadbare at the knees

A Sam Brown belt with a buckle big and strong

And a holster that's been empty manys a day (but not for long)

When Ireland gets her freedom

The one they'll choose to lead 'em

will wear the Broad Black Brimmer

Of the I.R.A.

Fair play to you ---still doesnt make Tav a full back!!

That was so disappointing today.

I couldn't understand the team selection or the tactics and I don't think the players could either. Halliday should not be playing and I hope we've seen the last of Garner and I am afraid to say, Waghorn. They just aren't good enough. I don't understand why the manager left Beerman on his own on the left for the entire first half.

I agree with many that Tav was our best player today.

I thought we came into the game after half an hour and started the second half better but the penalty killed the game and a goal late in the game would have been nothing but a consolation.

Remaining hopeful, I still think with the correct tactics and team selection next week, we can put their shaky looking defence under pressure and hopefully bring their unbeaten run to an end.

Fair play to you ---still doesnt make Tav a full back!!

Just googled what was on the banner. The QUOTE Surely breaks the Law of the Land, and UEFA/FIFA rules, too?

(Thought we agreed on Tav's defensive 'issues'?)

Evening all! Apologies if this has been covered as I havnt read through the posts (when I returned from Hampden I done some revision which was therapeutic after that pish!)

Anyway does anyone know what possessed PC to play Halliday in front of Toral? We lost the game in midfield today and there was no cohesion without Toral.

In addition Hyndman looks far more comfortable and confident with Toral beside him.

Quite a few of us just started laughing we were so bad at certain points ffs!

Could be worse.....

As long as we can keep "Trump away from the wee red button" the sun will still rise tomorrow. We can avoid lighting up the horizon for one more day........

Keep smiling everyone.......

That was so disappointing today.

I couldn't understand the team selection or the tactics and I don't think the players could either. Halliday should not be playing and I hope we've seen the last of Garner and I am afraid to say, Waghorn. They just aren't good enough. I don't understand why the manager left Beerman on his own on the left for the entire first half.

I agree with many that Tav was our best player today.

I thought we came into the game after half an hour and started the second half better but the penalty killed the game and a goal late in the game would have been nothing but a consolation.

Remaining hopeful, I still think with the correct tactics and team selection next week, we can put their shaky looking defence under pressure and hopefully bring their unbeaten run to an end.

We could have had Ronaldo up front instead of Garner, it wouldn't have made one iota of a difference. Garner was isolated, we stood off them for forty minutes and let them grow very comfortable into the game, if we had pressed them and got the ball forward i can understand the criticism of Garner if he wasn't performing, but if he's up front with no or very little service blaming him for a bad performance is unfair, i think he was substituted for a change of formation rather than him being bad, but i could be wrong

The reason I don't accept it is not due to one game, it is because you have said it for months. It's not that long ago you said we'd had "ill luck" in front of goal whereas what had happened was that we had finished poorly. Prior to that you repeatedly said the visiting goalies had played blinders when in fact our poor shooting had made most saves easy for them, one or two good or reasonable saves do not a "blinder" make - it's what they are supposed to do.

"For that is just your opinion" Of course it's just my opinion - what am I supposed to do, post in with other people's opinions rather than my own???

"lacks IMHO objectivity." - right back at you. You say "luck and breaks" are "part of the game" - but for you they are always against us. We are always cursed by "ill luck" in front of goal", always. that takes a lack of objectivity to ludicrous extremes, IMHO. That's without even pointing to the old saying "you make your own luck".

And I belong to no cohort - here or anywhere else.

Read again. I said luck is part (sic!) of the game. It is not the only part, but one we lack throughout the season. Or make that breaks if you will. And yes, the opposition got it more often than we did. Take thet Tav foul that never was against Aberdeen, from which they snatched a winner. Take today's clearance by Gordon that is handled by two Yahoos on the ground yet there is no penalty. Take Wes managing to get to the penalty yet it goes in off the post. Take Dodoo's shot against the post against Aberdeen and Miller's header being cleared off the line. We had similar stuff all season. And a lot of players making the wrong decision or managing to hit the only thing that stopped them from scoring. Help yourself to the highlights of our games this season and you will notice this ... time and again. It is one of a variety of reasons why we lagged behind this season.

And, BTW, a cohort is more than a military unit and you find one or two right in agreement with your quote above.

Just googled what was on the banner. The QUOTE Surely breaks the Law of the Land, and UEFA/FIFA rules, too?

(Thought we agreed on Tav's defensive 'issues'?)

And the stewarts and police will had a look at it and deemed it okay (probably haven't a clue about it) as well as fireproof ... aye right.