[FT] Celtic 2 - 0 Rangers

And if it isn't deliberate then it isn't a penalty. Rab is then saying it prevented Miller getting a goal scoring opportunity. That doesn't matter. It wasn't deliberate therefore it wasn't a penalty.

But we have had penalties being given for far less clear cut not deliberate hand-balls, haven't we?

BTW, Tav said after the game that Griffiths also told him that he didn't think it was a penalty, now the rhat has refuted this and said 100%. No wonder here. No wonder either if Tav is being hauled in front of the beaks for saying that Robertson made that call a bit too quickly - after being pressured all week.

Edited by der Berliner

But we have had penalties being given for far less clear cut not deliberate hand-balls, haven't we?

BTW, Tav said after the game that Griffiths also told him that he didn't think it was a penalty, now the rhat has refuted this and said 100%. No wonder here. No wonder either if Tav is being hauled in front of the baks for saying that Robertson made that call a bit too quickly - after being pressured all week.

It was a penalty - he got none of the ball. Although Tav is one player who for me got pass marks.

It was a penalty - he got none of the ball. Although Tav is one player who for me got pass marks.

Haven't seen a replay yet, but from memory, the ball clearly changes direction after Tav went in? Anyway, all history by now.

Sidenote, for all his workrate, Tav suffered from poor touches throughout. He gets away with it in other games, but the Yahoos were pressing hard and thus he/we lost possession far too often for my liking.

Edited by der Berliner

Distinctly possible, in my view.

I feel that players should not be judged after one season, or, as with M. Dembele, part of a season, but after their second campaign.

Won't matter either way if they sell him for lots of dosh in the summer

Edited by SteveC

He did get the ball, although you only see that on one of the camera angles but as Pete said earlier (and I have often said when we are not involved) you can touch the ball while still committing a foul.

BTW, Tav said after the game that Griffiths also told him that he didn't think it was a penalty, now the rhat has refuted this and said 100%. No wonder here. No wonder either if Tav is being hauled in front of the beaks for saying that Robertson made that call a bit too quickly - after being pressured all week.

Imo the Tavernier tackle wasn't a penalty - he got the ball before touching the player.

But while we're on about refereeing decisions, I thought Collum was ok yesterday. We could and probably should have been a man down shortly after kick off.

Imo the Tavernier tackle wasn't a penalty - he got the ball before touching the player.

But while we're on about refereeing decisions, I thought Collum was ok yesterday. We could and probably should have been a man down shortly after kick off.

Don't think Halliday's tackle was that bad, but Beerman got lucky after receiving a yellow and then taking out one of the Yahoos near our area from behind. Another clear-cut yellow any other day.

That said, Simunovic went into McKay's ankles with a straight leg - as straight as Kiernan's a wee while back - and only received a yellow. On the whole Collum was decent, but not much more. I'd assume that from his angle, the penalty was a clear cut one too.