[FT] Celtic 2 - 0 Rangers

Aha! That wasn't quite the narrative I picked up BD. Two "Mickey's" on TS were out with "Rod the Drunk" yesterday apparently and were slating the Rangers players!

Millions of Rangers Supporters were slating Rangers players.

I didn't say it was a deliberate handball. It is handball nevertheless & a penalty should have been awarded as he prevented Miller getting the ball. Unless the rules have changed & penalties aren't awarded if the handball isn't deliberate of course

The rule has always been in relation to "deliberate" handball. Sometimes there is an issue as to what constitutes deliberate. Some referees argue that if a player has his hands up (in an unnatural position) and the ball then strikes the players hand or arm , that is deliberate, others disagree. In this case I don't think the player knew much if anything about it. The fact that it may have prevented Miller getting a chance to shoot is irrelevant. If the referee judges it's deliberate, it's a penalty and vice versa.

We can debate it at the dinner......

It was a penalty - he got none of the ball. Although Tav is one player who for me got pass marks.

Haven't seen a replay yet, but from memory, the ball clearly changes direction after Tav went in? Anyway, all history by now.

Sidenote, for all his workrate, Tav suffered from poor touches throughout. He gets away with it in other games, but the Yahoos were pressing hard and thus he/we lost possession far too often for my liking.

It was a clear penalty. When you watch the replay from the side Tavernier took the player's ankle not the ball.

The rule has always been in relation to "deliberate" handball. Sometimes there is an issue as to what constitutes deliberate. Some referees argue that if a player has his hands up (in an unnatural position) and the ball then strikes the players hand or arm , that is deliberate, others disagree. In this case I don't think the player knew much if anything about it. The fact that it may have prevented Miller getting a chance to shoot is irrelevant. If the referee judges it's deliberate, it's a penalty and vice versa.

We can debate it at the dinner......

And here was me thinking that preventing a goalscoring opportunity with the hands was regarded a penalty in the area, and the cards handed out are for it being deliberate or not. As I said above, we have seen penalties given for much less obvious handballs, and non-deliberate ones. That was probably the reason why Miller was adamant that it was a penalty. At the end of the day, we can't change it now.

Edited by der Berliner

Players had a night out last night??? On talk sport this morning and apparently on social media??

played as if they were pissed from the saturday night never mind last night

its what you'd expect from a squad of born losers