The Disreputable David Murray back on Scotland’s rich list with £150million fortune

MURRAY MINTED Former Rangers owner David Murray back on Scotland’s rich list with £150million fortune

The tycoon's profits have rocketed since he flogged the Ibrox club for just £1 back in 2011.

SIR David Murray’s fortune has rocketed to £150million since he flogged Rangers.

The tycoon, who sold the Ibrox club for £1, is ranked 53rd wealthiest in Scotland, according to the Sunday Times Rich List.

His Murray Capital Group saw profits soar to £17.7million in 2015 and boasts £51million in assets, including two French vineyards.

The company is said to be worth £130million, with Sir David, 65, having £20million in other interests — making him 748th among the UK’s most affluent families.

It marks the businessman’s first appearance in the list since 2010, when his estimated fortune fell from £500million to £110million.

That plunge came as both Gers and his Murray International Holdings empire ran into money troubles.

Sir David handed over ownership of the Light Blues to Craig Whyte in 2011. A year later the club went bust and were thrown out of the Premier League.

Meanwhile Sir David set up Murray Capital Group, which bought property and metals assets from MIH before it was liquidated last year with bank debts of £200million.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/941695/david-murray-rangers-scotland-rich-list-craig-whyte-glasgow/

Edited by pete

I realise that opinions about SDM vary widely; but IMO referring to him as a b****** is totally out of order.

I don't care what you think though!, I think he is a bastard and responsible for the near death of the club!

I don't care what you think though!, I think he is a bastard and responsible for the near death of the club!

Bastard is one of the nicer terms I have heard him being labelled with? He ran the club into the ground and handed it over to a shower of bandits.

People say he gave us 9IAR well he also tore the the club apart, sat back and let it be violated and raped while he saved his own skin. I have never met the guy nor would I ever wish too. I would use far worse terms to describe him. I reckon you are being quite charitable there Ian!

Ian I edited your title for the obvious reason. While most probably all think that it is not good for the Gersnet to have it in a title.

Edited by pete

Ian I edited your title for the obvious reason. While most probably all think that it is not good for the Gersnet to have it in a title.

This place is turning into Sunday school/North Korea!, do what you want but he is still a bastard!

Edited by ian1964