based on where we are just now and the lack of quality we have I would take him back. I'm not one for holding grudges, if he did come back and performed to a high standard then what is there to complain about.

I think Naismith would be similar to Miller's role now... but better. He's not a goalscorer, he's not a wide man per se, and he's not even a natural No.10, he just sort of floats about the front line.

I agree with Rosseau, I think he just floats about between the midfielders and the forwards, but can comfortably play up front or in midfield, he is a pest, he hassles opponents, he has grit and determination, gets in about it. Apart from that he is good in the air, he is intelligent and he makes space and times his runs really well, would be a great move, if not him and garner up front, what about him and Cummings, seems to be a lot of chatter about that.

I'd rather have Cummings than Naismith and not for historic reasons, they are on different trajectories. Cummings is a young gallus version of Naismith with it all to prove at the top level and Naismith is looking at his final contract with waning pace and enough money in the bank to relax about his future.

I think Naismith would be similar to Miller's role now... but better. He's not a goalscorer, he's not a wide man per se, and he's not even a natural No.10, he just sort of floats about the front line.

we need players like that ,like we need a hole in the head

that has been a chronic problem at our club for years, players who don't do anything well and just drift about the pitch contributing nothing

Like many the historic thing means nothing to me but I don't believe in turning the clock back as it rarely works out successful. I think Naismith would be this season's Joey Barton in that we would expect a lot and get much less than is on the package.

Proven player the wrong side of 30 who even played up top will be lucky to hit twenty a season if played behind the striker there are more creative options we could triple our cash on if we had 3 million up front the cash we would spend no doubt on his wages go get Ardrijasevic or Gauld

Why Gauld? I don't see the point on spending money on a player who has failed and shown zero potential for top level football.

Last time a saw Naismith live was in a qualifier vs Germany a few years back. He still looked and work like I remember him from that game at Killie. Haven't seen any of his more recent performances at Norwich though, but then again, playing with different clubs and in different leagues will usually yield different performances ... be that Naismith, Barton or any other player.

I am against the idea of fading 'legends' (whatever) returning, as a rule. It rarely ends happily, and I think that such manoevres often are designed for PR and retail purposes.

With PC in charge it would be counter productive to attempt to turn the clock back, or to ask/require him to do so.