Saturday's SPL player ratings and MoM poll

I still beleive Hemdani is nowhere near as good as many make out. Don't get me wrong he's a good player but never seems to play better than (or worse than) average.

Think you've been a bit harsh on him there though Frankie. Disappeared for about 15/20 mins in the second half but I would have given him a 6 with Hutton taking MoM with a 7. Only others to get pass marks from me would be Weir, Papac and McGregor.

AM claimed all the crosses I remember him going for comfortably under a lot of pressure. So those who labelled him a flapper should be honest enough to admit he did much better yesterday.

Papac had a solid game overall, although should have done better at the goal, along with IM. At least I think it was Murray.

Weir was solid as usual imo.

Hemdani is an enigma though and I've said it loads of times. He is clearly our most skillful/naturally talented player by a huge distance, but we never seem to make the most of his ability. I'm not sure if that's because the system or the other players stifle him, but its a baffling one.

I've seen comments elsewhere criticising AM yet again after yesterday. Its funny how after years of complaining about overpriced, sub-standard foreigners, that when young Scottish lads finally get a chance, they're the first to be criticised when we lose.

So flat on saturday.

Between Hutton and Hemdani for me, can't understand the 4 out of ten.

Defence did reasonably well bar Muarry who looks like a player who's confidence has completley gone. He'll only ever be a squad player at Rangers, thankfully.

Novo did absolultey nothing all game and should have been off sooner.

I agree about Fer.guson, he looked dead on his feet. Seems to be imune from being substituted. Maybe fresh legs in the middle of the park could have helped to close out the game.

Adam was ridiculous. He's lazy and overweight and doesn't do enough. In the second half he barely broke sweat. I can remember one occasion when Papac broke out with the ball, and our left midfielder Adam was walking out from the back. Not good enough to play every week and seems to be lacking in heart.

Prso had a very poor game,very little he did came off. Seems very reluctant to shoot these days. He's miles from the player thay scored 25 goals in his first seasonand its beginning to look like he's made the right decision.

Boyd had an unusual game. He doesn't normally miss as many chances as that and on another day could have had a hat trick.

I'm starting to come round to the way of thinking that maybe Fergie needs a break or even a new challenge. I know he's had some very good performances this season, but he doesn't seem capable of grabbing a game by the scruff of its neck and turning things around when its not going our way. Too often he seems to get posted missing or being dragged far too deep when he should be pushing on and driving the whole team forward. We've got Hemdani and Thomson, we don't need another defensive-minded midfielder in there.

Maybe its time for him to move on as he might well be part of the problem and not the solution. Apart from the whole undermining thing with PLG, he's been central to this team which has underperformed against much weaker opposition for a few years now, so maybe its time to look at his contribution on and off the park. Or am I being harsh?

Think you are being a little hasty here. He and Hemdani are only 2 genuine class players we have. Ferguson was just exhausted from playing for Scotland. He was excellent against Italy and wouldn't have looked out of place in their midfield. He could have done with coming off on saturday as he had nothing in the tank but to suggest getting rid of him is crazy

I'm starting to come round to the way of thinking that maybe Fergie needs a break or even a new challenge. I know he's had some very good performances this season, but he doesn't seem capable of grabbing a game by the scruff of its neck and turning things around when its not going our way. Too often he seems to get posted missing or being dragged far too deep when he should be pushing on and driving the whole team forward. We've got Hemdani and Thomson, we don't need another defensive-minded midfielder in there.

Maybe its time for him to move on as he might well be part of the problem and not the solution. Apart from the whole undermining thing with PLG, he's been central to this team which has underperformed against much weaker opposition for a few years now, so maybe its time to look at his contribution on and off the park. Or am I being harsh?

I wouldnt say your being harsh at all. Ive said for a few seasons that he can be a problem sometimes as EVERYTHING HAS to go through him on the park. I think he has too much of a say off the park and demands everything to go through him. Ive noticed him practically tackle his own players this season. There is nothing wrong with wanting the ball but he goes too far.

Dont get me wrong he is fantastic on his day but if we were to cash in on him a few million I wouldnt be downbeat. He was a much better player when he was younger and got on with his football and worked with others around him. There is a difference between being a leader and acting the leader.

At the start of this season and periods in the McLeish era when he didnt play, our midfield played extremely well.

Think you are being a little hasty here. He and Hemdani are only 2 genuine class players we have. Ferguson was just exhausted from playing for Scotland. He was excellent against Italy and wouldn't have looked out of place in their midfield. He could have done with coming off on saturday as he had nothing in the tank but to suggest getting rid of him is crazy

I think Hemdani has more skill than Ferguson by some way. He's the only person in our team (squad?) who looks like they are really comfortable on the ball.

Hasty? I'm not so sure. I've been a big fan of Fergie and urging people to get off his back for some time, but has he really ever reproduced the form he did a few years back?

Besides, ICT are hardly a great side. They lost to Dunfermline last week. If Fergie, as a well paid professional athlete can't handle a few games in a week, then he should quit now.

Also, with the changes of manager still not solving some of our problems, I think there might be more to the rumours that that certain players do think they're more important than the club and have been undermining AM and PLG.