The Rangers Family ââ?¬â?? Estranged or Non-Existent

im not looking for a hero to worship. Im looking for 11 players who will give their all in a light blue jersey, who will live and die for the club and never stop trying till they win. what we need is a squad of Rangers men not overpaid nobodies who will take us nowhere.

SDM has ensured that the 'Rangers Family' is split down the middle. He has divided and conquored - so much so, it'll not be long until Bears are fighting with Bears week-in and week-out at Ibrox.

There is so much wrong with our club at the moment, so much so, I am struggling to think of one asspect of RFC that is currently not in decline or working properly. Even us the fans, aren't working properly at the moment.

Who is to blame for this, well, the buck stops at SDM.

If he continues in this vein, then the Rangers family will be 'dead' very shortly (if it isn't already). Thanks a million SDM.....

Cammy F

I think plenty of blame has to go to us the fans. If they were my family I'd be disowning great swathes of them.

It's no wonder the atmosphere is poor when so many are more interested in dredging up centuries old conflicts and chanting about fornication with leaders of religions while pretending to be some sort of christians and good British citizens but not acting as such in any way.

You also pay your money and can leave when you like, but leaving early does not make you a good supporter of the club and the vast areas of empty seats is becoming embarrassing - and no wonder the team don't finish games strongly - the crowd aren't called the 12th man for nothing, and if there is one man not pulling his weight at the end of the game then the 12th is probably the worst.

It's all good an well to blame the chairman who deserves his share of criticism but perhaps the fans are struggling to pull themselves into the 21st century in terms of supporting a modern day football team.

However, instead of the blame game, perhaps we can look for solutions instead.

I've already suggested that Rangers show the Setanta post match interviews, goal replays and highlights on the big screens to encourage some of the crowd to stay a bit longer causing less congestion at the end of the game and so people don't feel so compelled to leave early. They could also show the goals from the other games if there are any.

When watching Setanta I always wait for the manager's interview before changing over and wouldn't mind doing that in the stadium. Perhaps they could hand out some free bovrils to those who stay for encouragement...

As for the atmosphere, what is wrong with our fans that we can't make up new footballing songs. They are dead easy to do, I made up loads of instant songs a while back without much effort, but it needs a bunch of guys to start singing them in unison. That's where I'm incredibly disappointed by the Blue Order. Why aren't they coming up with modern, catchy songs that appeal to people today - and then singing them as well as promoting them?

Other fans can make up witty, topical songs and get them known pretty quickly, whereas ours sing the same old, boring non football stuff or don't sing at all. Or they make up something about Jack McConnell's wife being a whore - yeah really funny.

Even when we sing about a player, it something totally cliché like, "There's only one Dado Prso" when it doesn't take much imagination to come up with "Dado, dado Cool" to the Boney M tune.

There a loads of clubs who have large supports who make up footballing songs, and create a great atmosphere without having to rely on divisive religious or political subjects. Do you really think the GSTQ dirge gets a crowd of mostly Scots going never mind a team full of Scots and foreigners?

Perhaps the Blue order could make up a couple of new songs for every home game that are based on our current players and modern pop/rock songs. They could then try and get Rangers to publish the lyrics in the programme and when the Blue order start belting them out in unison perhaps the rest of the crowd will join in and they could become anthems of the future.

I don't think we're going to get anywhere with archaic songs like "Every other Saturday" and "Wolverhampton Town" which just won't appeal to today's fans.

We should be basing the songs on catchy tunes in the charts and make them modern and topical as well as hopefully amusing.

Then we need to sing them and get involved in the game instead of watching it like it is an episode of Eastenders.

The leadership for this kind of stuff isn't going to come from the chairman, it's got to come from fans groups like the Blue Order who don't seem to be doing enough obvious stuff.

Mate, there is a guy in TBO has done exactly what you say. The group have tried his songs and they just don't catch on elsewhere in the stadium.

That's not TBO's fault but the apathetic 49,800 who couldn't care less.

Frankie, re-reading my post I think I've been too harsh on the BO especially as you've informed me that they try it.

If they are catchy enough and you have 200 singing them every home game then I'm sure some will catch on eventually. But it's hard to join in if you don't know the words as you can't always make them out so some way of publishing them would seem to be a good move.

Also the wittier and catchier they are the more likely others will want to sing them, which is why the likes of "Every Other Saturday" just won't take off no matter how much sentimental value they have to some.

I remember when I started going to Ibrox all the singing would start in a corner of the Copland road stand by about 50 or so fans and then the songs would spread around the stadium. And I don't remember so much of the "party tunes" which is probably why I still don't know the words to the Sash.

I do remember the likes of "It's my attic and I'll fry if I want to" and "Do you want a chicken supper Bobby Sands". They are both a bit sick and not really Rangers related but I do remember finding them amusing and there was more of a good natured banter feel about the singing, rather than any real animosity.

If we could do the same thing but less sick and more Rangers related then there is a chance it could catch on.

the fans pay a lot of money to be entertained by these overpaid players. if they can't work up a sweat for the fans why should the fans who pay a lot of money to watch give them anything back? should they just because they are supporting the mighty Glasgow Rangers? if the team gave more on the park each week i'm sure the fans would give more back as well. we are the ones paying to watch mind not get paid thousands for doing something you love and living the dream of most Rangers fans.

it's ok saying the fans should back them more but i have never left early so many times recently as even though i back them all the time what i am watching the majority of the time now is not great to watch or get anything near excited about. if you want to call me bad supporter then fine that's up to you, but you say the fans should be the 12th man? we don't have anywhere near 11 good men on the park at present and until i am watching good football in the majority of games from now on i will continue to leave early, the wee rangers club is by far a better place to be than than watching Rangers just now :D

We are doomed!!

Things will never be the same until Murray leaves...he has taken the heart out of the club and people just seem to accept turning up no matter what nowadays!!

the fans pay a lot of money to be entertained by these overpaid players. if they can't work up a sweat for the fans why should the fans who pay a lot of money to watch give them anything back? should they just because they are supporting the mighty Glasgow Rangers? if the team gave more on the park each week i'm sure the fans would give more back as well. we are the ones paying to watch mind not get paid thousands for doing something you love and living the dream of most Rangers fans.

it's ok saying the fans should back them more but i have never left early so many times recently as even though i back them all the time what i am watching the majority of the time now is not great to watch or get anything near excited about. if you want to call me bad supporter then fine that's up to you, but you say the fans should be the 12th man? we don't have anywhere near 11 good men on the park at present and until i am watching good football in the majority of games from now on i will continue to leave early, the wee rangers club is by far a better place to be than than watching Rangers just now :D

Because many fans claim that the club means so much more to them than the overpaid lazy footballers. Act like the club means more to you, or don't use it as a stick to beat the players. Bit hypocritical is it not?

Just because the fan next to me or players on the pitch can't be arsed doesn't mean i'm going to be the same.

Here is an example of the problems we face at Ibrox from Saturday. A guy who sits in TBO was approached by the Police and told in no uncertain terms that if he didn't refrain from singing the sash, he would be ejected. The guy asked Plod why and he was informed that the top plod had informed him to warn and eject anyone singing the sash.

The guy asked to speak to the top plod, who eventually came over and conducted himself in a very aggressive and arguementitive fashion and basically said that the guy would be thrown out as 'Mr McIntyre had stated that the sash was a sectarian song and anyone singing it was to be ejected'.

As the arguement got more heated, a few guys from TBO and Jim Hannah became involved and it was established that the top plod was telling porkies. No one at Rangers has ever claimed that the sash was sectarian and the plod was forced to apologise to the fan.

So, what the fook is going on at Ibrox? Are the Police taking matters into their own hands and deciding themselves what is deemed sectarian?

This is why we need leadership and direction from the club so we know ourselves what is and isn't OK to sing at Ibrox and more importantly on our travels.

Another example of what we are up against, is the continual mis-reporting of the Borac incident. Now, many media outlets, the BBC being the worst are still claiming that Borac was questioned by the Police due to him 'blessing himself'. This is simply untrue and they know this is untrue. The PF confirmed that Borac was questioned and warned due to making obscene and inflamatory gestures to the RFC fans, NOT FOR BLESSING HIMSELF.

So the question is why would the BBC continue to report this lie? Well, quite simply it shows us up as the 'big bad prod bullies' who reported a 'poor wee downtrodden catholic' for blessing himself - which without wishing to sound repatative is a fookin lie.

Cammy F

Mate, there is a guy in TBO has done exactly what you say. The group have tried his songs and they just don't catch on elsewhere in the stadium.

That's not TBO's fault but the apathetic 49,800 who couldn't care less.

Frankie, you have hit the nail on the head - TBO are trying their best but NO ONE joins in at Ibrox, no matter what songs are being sung.

This hasn't just happened overnight, the atmosphere at Ibrox (Europe, OF games apart) has been lacking for over a decade now.

Maybe it started when we were surging our way to 9-in-row and we got 'cocky' and knew that the team were going to win the majority of games without 'our help' or 'support'.

BUT, it has been getting worse since and these days (TBO apart) it is utterly shocking. Maybe something to do with the the pish we are served up on the pitch or knowing that no one else, apart from us (the fans) gives a rats arse about the club?

Don't know the reason, but it is fooking hard work 'follow following' Rangers at the moment (especially away from home as you run the risk of arrest simply for being a Rangers fan - and that is NO exageration).

Cammy F