It's a shame we couldn't close the gap, but...

Every team is going to have a bad game now and again - even the best Rangers teams had them during 9 in a row.

However when you look at it with a bit more of a sympathetic eye, since Walter has come in, without being able to change the team much, he has produced the best form in the league.

9 games, 7 wins, 2 draws, 23pts, 3 goals against, 6 clean sheets.

That's championship winning form and equates to about 97pts if extrapolated over a season.

It all depends if Walter can turn this result into a hiccough by motivating the team to producing a good performance and gain 3pts next week.

If the team can bag that rate of points now, think what Walter might be able to do given some funds and 5 more recruits.

We know Prso is on his last legs and Smith plans to bring in a replacement - fully fit target man could turn Boyd into a superstar while the new guy could be scoring a fair amount himself.

Brown could give us another dimension on the right wing and give Novo and Burke some competition to think about.

A left winger to rival Adam or allow him to be substituted would be good too.

And I'm sure Smith and Webster will improve a defence which already has an impressive record while Stevie also offers far more in attack than Murray.

Gow and Broadfoot will also be good additions to the squad when players are tired, unfit or injured.

So I don't think we should get too down about one bad result in a good run of games.

Calscot has a point to be fair.

I said on the other thread this is another wake up call for Walter that the personel in the team just isnt there for a whole season. TBH id rather this wake up call at a stage where the title is over and we prepare for next season. It gives them the wake up call that we cant afford to take our foot off the peddle next season when we have leads at home to the likes of Caley.

And if you look at it another way, Inverness Caley Thistle have been the one team thats seriously ruined our title chances. If you were to turn the one point we've taken from them into the nine we really should have taken from them, then the league takes on a whole new complexion.

Malky

in the cold light of day, it is just another example of the fact that the players we are, simply aren't good enough for Rangers domestically, never mind in Europe.

A chilling and stark reminder that the squad has no depth, quality, guile, passion, pace or skill. Looks like a long hard slog for us Bears with little or no quality on the pitch, a leader who doesn't know his arse from his elbow and continued attacks from the media and UEFA.

Welcome to SDM's RFC 2007...

Cammy F

in the cold light of day, it is just another example of the fact that the players we are, simply aren't good enough for Rangers domestically, never mind in Europe.

A chilling and stark reminder that the squad has no depth, quality, guile, passion, pace or skill. Looks like a long hard slog for us Bears with little or no quality on the pitch, a leader who doesn't know his arse from his elbow and continued attacks from the media and UEFA.

Welcome to SDM's RFC 2007...

Cammy F

The thing I find most worrying is when you look at the squads of the 3 English teams in the quarter finals of the Champions League - Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd - is how far superior they are. Let's face facts, there is not one Rangers player that would get into one of these teams. Not only are we playing catch up in Scotland, we're now milesssssssssss behind the top teams in Britian, never mind Europe.

Malky

The thing I find most worrying is when you look at the squads of the 3 English teams in the quarter finals of the Champions League - Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd - is how far superior they are. Let's face facts, there is not one Rangers player that would get into one of these teams. Not only are we playing catch up in Scotland, we're now milesssssssssss behind the top teams in Britian, never mind Europe.

Malky

I understand what your saying, but i don't think it's a fair comparison, the EPL is the richest in world football

I know m8, and it shows how far the English game has gone beyond the Scottish game in 20 years. Late 80's/early 90's during the English clubs ban from Europe you could have made a case for Rangers being the biggest team in the UK. Now due to various Scottish SPL rejigs/cock ups, our own internal rejigs and cock ups and whatever else, we now lanquish not only behind the vast majority of the Premiership, but behind many a Championship side as well.

Malky

we now lanquish not only behind the vast majority of the Premiership, but behind many a Championship side as well.

Malky

I don't agree with this, even with Eck as manager we comprehensively beat Championship and lower Premiership teams with ease. I went to the Fulham and Ipswich games and although the scores weren't huge, Rangers dominated both games.

You may not think friendlies count but what more compelling evidence are you using for your argument?

Rangers have also been in last 16 in Europe two years in a row, which lower end English teams can do that. Newcastle, Tottenham and Middlesburgh might but they are more upper middle tier teams who have spent far more than us but are inconsistent in the league.

But the truth is we are now equivalent to a mid table Premiership team who like the rest of British teams, can't get close to Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. However the longer the gap in TV money goes on the more the likes of Bolton become bigger than us and the more the likes of Reading catch up.

Rangers may have problems but let's not disparage the team for being worse than it actually is.