RFC negotiate new 12 month retail deal with Sports Direct

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/21/rangers-ready-challenge-celtic-mike-ashley-surrenders-merchandising/

In his latest statements, King indicated that Ashley – who is seeking a buyer for all or part of his holding in Newcastle United might relinquish his 8.9% stake in Rangers. “I can't talk about that at the moment but I would expect an announcement on that fairly soon,” he said.

He also says this regarding the retail deal which is an indication of his commitment to the club since he took over.

“It has been very time intensive. I’ve spent more time on Rangers litigation over the last two years than I have on my own businesses in South Africa and globally - much more.

“We have gone week after week after week, every single day - Saturdays and Sundays - working on this. It has been a really monumental effort, taking a massive amount of time and resources to get to this point, but it was so critical to the club that we got something sorted out.”

The board have delivered yet again in getting the onerous contract with SD scrapped!, the fans also have to be pleased with themselves for the boycott on merchandise!, also when the old board were ousted and the majority of fans boycotted ST!.

Upwards and onwards is a term often used and this day should make our drive to be top team/club in Scotland again happen even quicker.

Bring it on :54::champs:

Edited by ian1964

Talk about all the off the park issues that were still holding us back being tidied up. Almost feels likes the shackles are off and its not light at the end of the tunnel but we are in the light again.

Realistically Ashley wasn't just going to give up the deal altogether so to reduce it to 12 months from 7 years is a masterstroke for the club.

I don't mind the same jersey being kept on this season, Im against clubs changing their strip every year these days with the costs involved.

I think the next step - and a few overseas posters will agree - is to get our marketing overseas sorted and raising the brand again. Its not easy to find a Rangers kit in the shops in some countries but Ive seen Celtic shirts in various places.

I think the next step - and a few overseas posters will agree - is to get our marketing overseas sorted and raising the brand again. Its not easy to find a Rangers kit in the shops in some countries but Ive seen Celtic shirts in various places.

I actually saw someone in a Rangers shirt here in Oklahoma a few weeks ago and of course couldn't resist going out of my way to go talk to him. Turned out he was an Irish guy on a storm chasing vacation. Three years in a row he has come here spending his vacation on the storm chasing tours.

Are those not copies mate? In other countries (European mainly) they have almost every top of well known clubs on sale including Celtic, Rangers shirts as you say are very rarely found. I think that's fine as the clubs won't make any money from them anyway. When it becomes known that Rangers shirts are currently 'flying out the door' the crooks will soon be hanging their copies outside their dodgy shops.