RFC negotiate new 12 month retail deal with Sports Direct

A deal with SD should have been the perfect solution to our retail activities when we see what happened with JJB. Unfortunately, Greenco was desperate and Ashley greedy so we both lost out.

One does wonder what has happened to change big Mike's mind as he's not usually fond of raising the white flag.

A deal with SD should have been the perfect solution to our retail activities when we see what happened with JJB. Unfortunately, Greenco was desperate and Ashley greedy so we both lost out.

One does wonder what has happened to change big Mike's mind as he's not usually fond of raising the white flag.

Maybe going down the court route would have aired some absolutely shite stained laundry out for all to see?

Good news first, what SD gets comes later once we see the benefits for ourselves! He didn't give up 4/5 years of a contract for zero return or a return that is valued at less.

On a side note do you think we were holding Pena Herrera etc back to unveil as a result of the new deal? As in this is what we can do now with more money available?

Maybe going down the court route would have aired some absolutely shite stained laundry out for all to see?

Possibly but given it hadn't put him off for over two years I'm not so sure.

Occam's razor will tell us he's just decided to cut his football losses and concentrate on his retail business. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Good news first, what SD gets comes later once we see the benefits for ourselves! He didn't give up 4/5 years of a contract for zero return or a return that is valued at less.

On a side note do you think we were holding Pena Herrera etc back to unveil as a result of the new deal? As in this is what we can do now with more money available?

No, I think the transfer deal timings have just been fortunate.

Any extra monies may be used to bring in Dorrans and Walker but I'd hope we'll not dance to their clubs' tune on that. I also suspect the extra money quote is more for the longer term than this specific transfer window.

No, I think the transfer deal timings have just been fortunate.

Any extra monies may be used to bring in Dorrans and Walker but I'd hope we'll not dance to their clubs' tune on that. I also suspect the extra money quote is more for the longer term than this specific transfer window.

It's amazing to watch the merchandise sales tracker on FF keep building!

Think the rumoured £1.5m for dorrans is a steal tbh would go as high as £2m but not above since no financial return expected at his age

I wouldnt be getting too excited about additional players coming in just because of this announcement. But I am much more content now about the players we have brought in this summer being reasonably financed as I was wondering where we were getting the money from for these purchases, but it was obviously being done in the knowledge that this deal was just about over the line and that the club knew there would be a massive new income stream this season from retail activities.

It's amazing to watch the merchandise sales tracker on FF keep building!

Think the rumoured £1.5m for dorrans is a steal tbh would go as high as £2m but not above since no financial return expected at his age

The slight issue I have with Dorrans is that I'm not so sure where he's going to play (he's usually in a deeper role nowadays) given we have Jack, Rossiter and Krancjar all supposedly earmarked for deeper positions. Add in Pena, Windass, Holt and Halliday then we have quite a few central players now so spending £2m on Dorrans is a big outlay unless we know we're moving one or two players on.

Norwich have being playing funny buggers for a few weeks as well with regard to price so at some point we either fulfil what they want or we walk away.

He may have a more pressing matter to attend to regarding HMRC's "raid" on St James Park.....:flute: