Club1872 become 2nd biggest shareholder as Mike Ashley leaves the building

Hm, somehow I seem to remember that these fellows actually wanted to have their loans turned into shareholding - or something like that - rather then getting (all of) their money back?

Thats what they mean. Pay them off with shares

Edited by the gunslinger

We have between 8-9 million fans worldwide approx and we can only get 8000 people to invest in club 1872? Maybe its not marketed to overseas bears?

I think there will be greater interest in C1872 now. My concern is that it becomes too big & powerful and the Rangers board cannot do their job because of it

Edited by RANGERRAB

I think there will be greater interest in C1872 now. My concern is that it becomes too big & powerful and the Rangers board cannot do their job because of it

What happens if C1872 become the major shareholder ? Do they then nominate the chairman of the club?

Thats what they mean. Pay them off with shares

To me this reads like raking money (16m) in to "pay the loans off with that cash", rather than "convert" them into shares. But maybe I see too much sinister intent in those article's lines.

Edited by der Berliner

We have between 8-9 million fans worldwide approx and we can only get 8000 people to invest in club 1872? Maybe its not marketed to overseas bears?

I don't think that is "approx", not unless 'fan' is defined in the loosest of loose terms. (So loose as to no longer mean "fan", in fact.)

Edited by SteveC

... ah, but our new East Asian investor will open up the Chinese market for our club and the replicas and we'll have 40m soon enough! :flute:

(BTW, it is said that there are already more Chinese fans of Bayern Munich than there are German fans of them.)