King taunt Rangers chairman Dave King tells Celtic they will NEVER win ten-in-a-row..

It wont matter what we do in the minds of people like that. If we went out and won the league well the yahoos obviously must have had a bad season and underperformed. Rferees and others were conspiring against them while helping us.

If we don't win the league and even finish far ahead of the third place well then we're still poor. We just can't win with a certain segment. Ever. And even the news of throwing off the yoke of Ashley is being twisted by that segment to be somehow bad. So there you have it.

We can't win with them no matter what we do and that would even include making the Europa group stage acquiring some badly need co-efficiency points along the way. Instead of praising us they would somehow twist it into we got lucky or something else equally frivolous.

Waddell is just filling the lines with the usual stuff. He knows what King is referring and knows that King has a point. To debate it is just doing his job at filling the lines.

At the end of the day, the Yahoos had a splendid season by their standards, and hardly anyone who has been watching football for more than 12 months will know that it will be even more extra-ordinary if they can achieve something remotely similar next season. A few players will go, some will come, and perhaps no-one gets injured. How likely is it though that everything will fall into place like last season? Not least when you consider the four seasons before that, when the Yahoos did not exactly clad themselves in any sort of glory, home or abroad?

Every new season will start with the first game, no matter how glorious the last has been. THAT is something Waddell should have written.

The whole of the Scottish media is just one hysterical circus of a shit show.

First of all to the threads headline.

Its not a taunt!

The interview took place on Rangers TV which is a pay per view service specifically designed in concert with Glasgow Rangers Football Club by Rangers supporters for Rangers supporters in order to inform and update them on the daily/weekly/monthly business of Glasgow Rangers Football Club in both the closed season and on match days, in addition to, transmitting live match coverage overseas for the Rangers supporter and also delayed match coverage to home countries Rangers supporters..It is entirely possible that supporters of other clubs could be paying the fee for this service however it must be noted that Dave King is not addressing them. I'll say that again Dave King is not speaking to the general Scottish footballing supporter he is only speaking to Rangers supporters and as such any interview on Rangers TV must be viewed with that condition in mind. Its a conversational interview between Rangers supporters. He has not said anything contrary to what Rangers supporters the world over are saying.

Its not a taunt, I'll say this again to be absolutely clear, simply because it was not a statement issued to the wider community of football supporters in Scotland through the MSM. It was a conversation between one Rangers supporter and another recorded inside the Rangers TV pay wall.

Dave King hasn't made Pedro's job harder by speaking to Rangers supporters in this manner but the Scottish media which has developed a similar attitude of 'Know your place hu....scum ' that we seen on various banners at the piggery and elsewhere recently really don't like that 'we' by proxy of Dave King are now in a position where we can speak openly like this to each other in the Rangers support. Rangers supporters have a choice either leave the dignified silence behind and speak openly or perhaps maybe we should know our place because we're supposed to be dead right?.

I'm getting the feeling recently that they're trying to convince themselves we're miles behind them. It can actually work in our favor because if we don't win the league then apparently no one expected us to anyway because hey we're so far behind them.

On the other hand if we did win it they have a lot of humble pie to eat and back pedaling to do.

Rangers chairman Dave King stung by accusations he 'disparaged' Celtic

Dave King is stung by allegations that he disparaged Celtic when, he says, he intended to direct well-merited praise towards the east end of Glasgow.

Few would have guessed as much from the headlines generated by the Rangers chairman’s observations about the other half of the Old Firm, made last week when he flew in from his adopted home in South Africa to finalise the deal which took Mike Ashley out of the equation as an Ibrox shareholder, and brought an end to the merchandising contract which was hardly worth the buttons on a replica jersey to the Ibrox club.

Justly pleased with the outcome of a long, intense – and at time antagonistic – negotiation with Ashley, King went on to observe that he felt “Celtic are not as far ahead as they could have been – certainly with our new signings”. He added: “Given that we were in the wilderness for four years, I don’t think Celtic did as much as they could have done. I really would expect to give them a run.”

Entirely predictable was the forceful reaction from the other side of the city, with Hoops striker Leigh Griffiths asking what Celtic could have done to surpass becoming the first Scottish side to win the domestic treble without losing a game. The only person who did not see that one coming, it seems, was the Rangers chairman.

“It does bother me if there’s a sense that I’ve been disparaging because I thought I did the opposite,” he said, speaking exclusively to the Telegraph from South Africa.

“I, in fact, said two things at different points during the interviews. One was that we were incredibly disappointed and surprised that we ended so far behind Celtic and, of course, Aberdeen. I said that it had been a wake-up call to have had the humiliation of the 5-1 defeat at Celtic Park, in the sense that, having beaten Celtic in the Scottish Cup semi-final the previous season, we had been over-optimistic.

“The 5-1 game was a reality check which galvanised us into making the change we did on the management side, on our structure and with the players we brought in. So that was giving Celtic complete credit for their performance in the league.

“Celtic’s goal difference was as high as the number of goals we scored. They won the three Scottish competitions without a defeat and I have nothing but respect for Brendan Rodgers and the Celtic team for what they achieved and for how difficult it is to win a treble and to keep winning when you’re already doing it comfortably.

“I do not underestimate what Celtic achieved on the field. However, in the interviews I said that – when I look back over the four years when we were in the lower divisions – in terms of our recovery as an institution and as a club, we have narrowed the gap substantially.

“By that I meant that, a year or two years ago, we would not have been able to react as we did last season by changing the management, spending money on a new manager, paying compensation, bringing him in early and, in fact, getting the quality of players that he wanted. To me there were two aspects of all of this and one was to give Celtic complete respect for how far ahead they were last season, but the second was that – as an institution – we have narrowed the gap quite considerably over the last couple of years.”

King, of course, opened another vat of writhing worms when he dismissed the suggestion that Celtic’s current tally of six successive Scottish titles leaves them only four short of a record of 10 in a row, on the grounds that they had run up part of their tally when Rangers were labouring in lower leagues. Revisiting this point he shifted from fulsome recognition of Celtic’s recent achievements to a repudiation of their value within the infernal context of Old Firm point scoring.

“I was making an argument that the context of the rivalry about nine or 10 in a row does not relate to any clubs other than Rangers or Celtic,” King said. “It’s not an insult to Scottish football, as some have said. It’s nothing to do with Scottish football.

“I’ve never, ever heard an Aberdeen fan, Motherwell or Falkirk fan talk about ‘10 in a row’. It’s something to do with Celtic and Rangers alone and for anyone to say otherwise is just wrong. It’s nonsense.

“It’s a competition between these two clubs, against each other, dominating each other – and that can’t happen unless they’re playing at the same level, which didn’t occur for a while until we came back into the Scottish Premiership. As I see it, my contention is a perfectly logical point of view.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/26/rangers-chairman-dave-king-stung-accusations-disparaged-celtic/

I'm getting the feeling recently that they're trying to convince themselves we're miles behind them. It can actually work in our favor because if we don't win the league then apparently no one expected us to anyway because hey we're so far behind them.

On the other hand if we did win it they have a lot of humble pie to eat and back pedaling to do.

If you waste the time to read the mank forums as I do you'll very quickly gain the realisation that something is worrying them.

Their "not enough money to keep the lights on until the end of the season" point is obviously gone.

The "who'd take over as manager with no budget" point argument is redundant .

The "no money being invested" line has been shown to be untrue.

Every single thing they had looked forward to based on the lies spouted by professional beggars like the tarred one and the tramp liar JJ has turned out to be garbage. They are reduced to searching Google for translated stats about the players we've signed.

Naturally that isn't enough for the fuckwits so the "soft loans" / FFP shyte is what they are starting to dribble at.

In short, they aren't interested in whether their squad is actually better than ours and good enough to win the league - they just want to find a reason to continue hating Rangers. Most of them don't support Celtic. They've probably never been to Parkhead.

Somewhere bigotry makes an appearance.

Edited by boabie

Rangers chairman Dave King claims taxi-driving Celtic fans who regularly pick him up from Glasgow Airport AGREE with him over his titles view

The Ibrox supremo says Brendan Rodgers’ Celts are only on two-in-a-row in the eyes of Rangers, not six

TAXI for King?

That’s how thousands of Celtic fans reacted when they read the Rangers’ chairman’s explosive 10-in-a-row comments at the weekend.

Dave King sparked a huge reaction when he claimed the four titles won by the Hoops during Gers’ time in the lower leagues don’t count towards the magic number.

The Ibrox supremo says Brendan Rodgers’ Celts are only on two-in-a-row in the eyes of Rangers, not six.

But King claimed the taxi-driving Hoops fans who regularly pick him up from Glasgow airport AGREE with him.

King said: “The 10-in-a-row stuff? People can criticise me for that, but it’s something I genuinely believe.“The whole 10-in-a-row issue is something between Rangers and Celtic.

“When one club isn’t there, it’s suspended until they rejoin.

“I gave an example, if Rangers or Celtic joined the Premier league, and the other one stayed behind and won 20 titles in a row.“You can’t go to a fan of the other club and say: ‘Hey, we won 20-in-a-row’.“The whole thing is about rivalry against each other.

“When I speak to Celtic fans in taxis, they don’t regard winning the title without Rangers being worth as much as winning it with Rangers.“I have never come across a Celtic fan who has said anything other than: ‘We’re desperate to have Rangers back competing with us’.“They don’t regard it as being the same without Rangers.

“Of course, they will sing about it. They are Celtic supporters and are having a go at Rangers fans.“But I have not met a single Celtic fan, not one, when I am getting in taxis who in discussions with me haven’t said that ultimately they need Rangers back. They all get it.“It’s not going to stop them singing six-in-a-row though!”

King made a big deal of the need to stop Celtic’s bid for 10-in-a-row when he was plotting his Gers takeover three years ago.

Speaking in February 2014, he warned: “If we cut our costs to suit our present income we will remain a small club and Celtic will shoot through 10-in-a-row — and beyond.”

But King denied performing a U-turn now he’s in charge, and claims he would never have recognised it as a ‘proper’ 10 championships.

King added: “I’ve not changed my stance on that. What I am saying is they could have their 10 titles and you can’t take them away.“But as far as Rangers supporters are concerned, we certainly wouldn’t recognise it.

“If a Celtic fan came up to me and said: ‘We’ve won 10-in-a-row’, I’d say: ‘Not to us you haven’t, as we were removed from the equation’.“It doesn’t change the titles, but I believe the intensity of the competition between Celtic and Rangers was suspended for four years. My view on that won’t change.”

There was also a widespread feeling that King’s comments were disrespectful to the rest of Scottish football.

But he insists the 10-in-a-row debate is unique to the rivalry. King said: “It is a Celtic-Rangers thing. Everyone knows that.“Does anyone go to Aberdeen and say: ‘40-in-a-row’? When did Aberdeen last win a title?

“It doesn’t happen. This is a competition over time between Rangers and Celtic fans.“Rangers don’t have a similar one with Aberdeen. Rangers don’t have one with Dundee. Celtic don’t either.“We have one with each other as the main rivals, and we were removed from it for four years. That’s the reality.”

King also dismissed any suggestion his comments would pile more pressure on Ibrox boss Pedro Caixinha.

New Gers gaffer Caixinha has completely rebuilt his squad in a bid to challenge Celts next year, and King says he knows what is expected.

King said: “As far as Pedro is concerned, he understands what he has to do next year, and what we are trying to do.“Pedro is a driven guy. Whether it was 39 points, 20 points or 15 points, it would have been unacceptable.“It makes no difference to him. Pedro will be under pressure next season as a Rangers manager who feels he has to go out and respond.

“He’s been given a budget, he’s got the players he wanted, and knows what he has to do.“It would not affect Pedro one iota. Why would it? It makes no difference to what he has to do.

“One of the points I made was when you looked at, let’s say the 5-1 humiliation against Celtic, it was very important Pedro kept faith in what he was doing with the squad.“He got a good sense of the quality and the character of the players going forward.

“It really was a reaction to seeing and observing the gap between ourselves and Celtic, that led to us making so many changes.“But the thing is, we were able to make these changes. We couldn’t have done that two years ago.

“I also want to correct the fact I was not disparaging about what Celtic did on the pitch last season. The rest of it I will stand behind. Other people will have their opinion one way or the other.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1202258/rangers-chairman-dave-king-claims-taxi-driving-celtic-fans-who-regularly-pick-him-up-from-glasgow-airport-agree-with-him-over-his-titles-view/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:scotsunsport:FBLink:Statement:Sport