King taunt Rangers chairman Dave King tells Celtic they will NEVER win ten-in-a-row..

I don't see how you can compare the two scenarios?, we were removed from the competition entirely!

We were - and it's true for the first and last of this phantom 6 too, in effect if not in fact. In the first we were beset by outside catastrophe - it was not a fight on the pitch. In the last, we had no chance coming up from the lower leagues, none at all.

If truth be told, their first (not the first) 9iaR is the greatest achievement. We started that period with - and intermittently throughout it had - wonderful teams. Teams pretty much their equal and very much so in a couple of years. Also other Scottish teams were powerful (as evidenced by Euro results). The best Rangers team I've ever witnessed fell just - agonisingly just (and a dodgily late goal at Morton was the difference) behind them.. soon afterwards we went into the last game of the season unbeaten and still they edged it. Those were epic battles of giants. The loss of Baxter having tipped the balance. For all Stein's moral failings, he won a 9iaR against the odds, he sure knew how to play the system as well as the game.

We fell apart - sacking Symon & Whyte unfairly and Barcelona obscures how rank we were at home at that time - but that was because of the two near losses in the late 60s. Septic caused our fall as it were, by beating us when we were great and making us sack Symon and Whyte, completely against our traditions, and when we should not have.

They were real challengers under that other moral degenerate, Burns, but that was later, they didn't start "great" as we did, they were just trying to stop 9iaR. Other than that we weren't properly challenged (f@@@ Aberdeen), Souness leaving's shock aside which caused the Motherwell debacle. We won some seasons while dropping a ludicrous amount of points as it was just too easy.

The first real 9iaR (10 really) that isn't counted due to the war - we were so far ahead that it's a shame - though nothing in the light of what was happening to the world - that our team then is not accorded what would have been total domination.

Edited by SteveC

He must use Private Hire Taxis :laugh2:

It never seems to matter in Glasgow. It's over two decades since I've got a taxi there when it hasn't been one of them. They even snort when you ask and say something like "there's only one team to support in the city, pal". Makes me sick. Saves me a fortune in tips, though.

I don't see how you can compare the two scenarios?, we were removed from the competition entirely!

Agreed. They voted for us to be removed, so their titles were not won on the park but in a shady vote, where teams were being blackmailed into voting the way that Celtic would benefit from. Their titles are discredited due to their actions of voting their only rivals out of the SPL.

Agreed. They voted for us to be removed, so their titles were not won on the park but in a shady vote, where teams were being blackmailed into voting the way that Celtic would benefit from. Their titles are discredited due to their actions of voting their only rivals out of the SPL.

It still angers me with the way we were treated as opposed to Hearts, the agenda is clear!, and what happened to us will never happen to another Scottish club!

Edited by ian1964