Thursday is now a sell out

I think i'm now glad that at this stage we are entering at the first qualifying round rather than the sheep route of second qualifying round. Not only do we have an almost entirely new team to bed in and have two competitive but easy games to get them up and running before what might be a stiffer test. The club might earn around a million pounds in total revenues for this game.

What would the sheep and the others do for the chance to grab an extra million.

I think i'm now glad that at this stage we are entering at the first qualifying round rather than the sheep route of second qualifying round. Not only do we have an almost entirely new team to bed in and have two competitive but easy games to get them up and running before what might be a stiffer test. The club might earn around a million pounds in total revenues for this game.

What would the sheep and the others do for the chance to grab an extra million.

Couple of good points there. Nothing gets a team up and running like competitive games and we should have 4 in total with the first and second round qualifiers. No only does that help for the latter qualifiers it gives us an advantage for when the league starts. OK St Johnstone will have the same but Im not so sure they will get past their Lithuanian opponents - if their national side can draw with Scotland then so can their clubs.

And as you say financially two sell outs brings in good gate money and merchandise on the night.

Couple of good points there. Nothing gets a team up and running like competitive games and we should have 4 in total with the first and second round qualifiers. No only does that help for the latter qualifiers it gives us an advantage for when the league starts. OK St Johnstone will have the same but Im not so sure they will get past their Lithuanian opponents - if their national side can draw with Scotland then so can their clubs.

And as you say financially two sell outs brings in good gate money and merchandise on the night.

SJ went out at the first qualifying round last year. And while it's still a little earner for them it's nothing like the earner it is for us. I hope they make it through this time, give them some money to buy O'Hallloran. ;)3

I agree in wishing St Johnstone every success in their Euro campaign this season. For the good of the national co-efficient, I hope they can win a few games. I wish the same good fortune on Dolly in Europe. Obviously I wish nothing but ill will and heavy defeats to Cheat FC, but that is rivalry for you!

Cheers FS, that's a relief.

Would advise all going to get to turnstiles early, the paper tickets seem to take ages to go through and long queues are usually seen as kick off time approaches even for a 25-30K crowd. With a sell-out that will only be worse for those turning up from 7.30 onwards.

It's not, there are 20,000 paper tickets but the vast majority have been posted out.

Has anyone got theirs through the post yet? I ordered some for family members on Sunday night but nothing through in the post yet. One of the family works near Ibrox, so what would happen if they turned up today for example at the ticket office? Would they print tickets for them even if the originals were in mid post? I just cant get through to the TO at all.