Barrie McKay's Ibrox future in doubt after he is sent to train with Under-20s

Training with the under 20's seems to mean the end of the line under Pedro. Has anyone come back from it? Is there a way back or does this mean you are irrevocably out of my plans?

We didn't really develop him (thinking of him as Ann academy player anyway) as he came from Killie, virtually ready to enter the first team. There has, of course, been subsequent experience and development.

He has the potential to be excellent and I would prefer we persevered with him because he is the most exciting player we have.

Nah Craig, that's not quite right. Kilmarnock released him when he'd just turned 16. The story is they feared he had a long term injury but popular belief is that was just an excuse and they felt he was too small and slight to make it. Certainly he's been largely injury free since then. Rangers then signed him and he spent a season in the under 19s before the club's demotion to Div 3 and subsequent exodus of first team players meant he was suddenly in the first team squad and getting a game. Kilmarnock are certainly due credit for developing him as a child, but as a professional, when no one else wanted to sign him, we've done the developing.

We're in agreement about persevering, although sadly it seems we're in the minority these days.

My cousin is an agent and through him I got talking to McKays agent towards the end of last season. He was all set to sign an extension and both parties weren't far away when the Warburton drama landed. Rangers went from being in regular contact trying to get the contract signed to no contact whatsoever with McKay. Not even a lets put this on hold til we get the new manager in. They went from just about getting the boy to sign on to absolutely nothing which put their noses out of joint. They were even happy to stay knowing that Barrie could get more elsewhere but perhaps Rangers amateur treatment of him has changed his mind.

Personally I think the boy could go anywhere he wants to go, he has so much ability and in glimpses last season demonstrated what hes capable of. I mind a touch out on the left wing that I thought, I doubt theres many EPL players could've done that. I hope it gets resolved and he stays but Pedro seems pretty set in his ways

Obviously, while it all seems very urgent and all, given the amount of media attention and constant debate, there is actually nothing to hurry about at all, neither for the club nor the player. We don't know the exact reasons why he is omitted for the first game (sic!), but it may be for all sorts of reason. Might well be that PC thinks he is distracted too much. We all are left with very little factual information and A LOT of conjecture.