Club 1872 Statement on UEFA Citation

First of all it was not the Blue Order!, and calling them senseless idiots is just wrong, second of all it was not the Union Bears!, the UB went to the trouble of organising a card display but they were not responsible for the clowns who threw the rolled up paper onto the pitch!.

It was crunched up paper ffs!, hardly crime of the century, however the idiots who did it are just thick in the head so the only solution is for the club to ban card displays!

Thanks for that Ian as I said it was right along the Broomloan and having witnessed poor behaviour from the UB/BO over the journey I am prone to jump on their backs when things happen from their areas.

IMO it is these sections in the main that have to grow up and accept the club cannot afford to be dragged down by their actions/behaviour,as we are now entering the era where we want to be.

Remember they are based in front of the family section and youngsters are easily led by what they see/hear.

I also totally accept the EUFA would not act on this type of thing if the paper had been green and white.

I must admit that I did not have a high opinion of the UB until I saw them in Leipzig.

zw7rP7y.jpg

okRD95H.jpg

Apart from a few snowballs thrown at the police, their organisation was excellent on the long march from town to the ground and their behaviour exemplary.

Credit where credit is due.

My only concern is a black, Rangers Ultras flag that I first saw in Leipzig and subsequently at least once in that area of the crowd in the Broamloan Front side nearest the Main Stand at Ibrox. I don't know if that is the UB or another group but it is a worrying development.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
Rangers Ultras

Let's be honest with each other, we all know who is responsible for this childish behaviour. The same thing happened in one of the last games last season( cannot remember), but I do remember paper cups etc. being thrown.

Let's be honest with each other, we all know who is responsible for this childish behaviour. The same thing happened in one of the last games last season( cannot remember), but I do remember paper cups etc. being thrown.

Who is it then, TBH I know nothing about these groups, other than what I see at Ibrox and saw in Leipzig?

There were thousands throwing paper on. What about all over Europe with confetti, paper and bog roll et el?? Nothing, not a peep! This is another stitch up and the game is a bogey right enough.

What about balloons, thousands of them that goalies have had to kick or stamp on. This is ridiculous!!

I agree we lost momentum in the game but to cite the fans? Club 1872 should have someone watch every fucking UEFA game. The least wee thing report it. Then follow it up again and again!! If it's the mhanks, be all over it like a rash!

There were thousands throwing paper on. What about all over Europe with confetti, paper and bog roll et el?? Nothing, not a peep! This is another stitch up and the game is a bogey right enough.

What about balloons, thousands of them that goalies have had to kick or stamp on. This is ridiculous!!

I agree we lost momentum in the game but to cite the fans? Club 1872 should have someone watch every fucking UEFA game. The least wee thing report it. Then follow it up again and again!! If it's the mhanks, be all over it like a rash!

There were not "thousands throwing paper on"; there were only a handful, certainly in terms of those which reached the pitch.

Where I agree with you is that a lot of referees would have just got on with the game.

I'm sure they'll be plenty of volunteers for Club 1872 Euro Watch trips; perhaps even increase the membership. :D

Edited by BrahimHemdani

My only concern is a black, Rangers Ultras flag that I first saw in Leipzig and subsequently at least once in that area of the crowd in the Broamloan Front side nearest the Main Stand at Ibrox. I don't know if that is the UB or another group but it is a worrying development.

As I've alluded to previously your naivety concerning your fellow fans is quite breath taking at times the Union Bears ARE the Rangers Ultras.

ubUltrasnew_close-210x250.pngunion-bears-ub07-glasgow-rangers_360_7f1e17646365a0a96cca5554526ef249.jpg

It was really stupid and pathetic but... scrunched up balls of paper resulting in a sanction. Really?

I think UEFA are quite correct here. It's a game of football being watched by TV audiences from all over, and it's interrupted and delayed because of this nonsense. I'd be furious if I was one of the sponsors, and the TV companies that have purchased the rights are potentially missing out of TV advertising revenue. The morons who did it don't care though. They are either too drunk, or too stupid to understand the consequences of their actions.

I thought it was a shame (but necessary) that King had to say what he did before the game about behaviour. These idiots just proved that they won't even listen to his warning so I hope he does everything he can to locate them and ban them. You could see Miller cleaning up and just looking at them in disbelief.

As I've alluded to previously your naivety concerning your fellow fans is quite breath taking at times the Union Bears ARE the Rangers Ultras.

ubUltrasnew_close-210x250.pngunion-bears-ub07-glasgow-rangers_360_7f1e17646365a0a96cca5554526ef249.jpg

I don't think there was any need to have a go at BH here. He did say that he doesn't know much about the different groups, and why should he? I don't either and to be honest I've got no great need or desire to either. Being an expert on Rangers' fan groups maybe something you find important, but it's not to most fans I'd suspect.

I don't care who acts like morons, or who carries or sings offensive slogans. Morons are morons. End of.

There were not "thousands throwing paper on"; there were only a handful, certainly in terms of those which reached the pitch.

Where I agree with you is that a lot of referees would have just got on with the game.

I'm sure they'll be plenty of volunteers for Club 1872 Euro Watch trips; perhaps even increase the membership. :D

ok I was a bit dramatic BH however my point by is that everyone was throwing "paper" ffs! This is beyond a joke! Apologies if I'm getting wound up over this but it's disgraceful! Far far far worse happens in Europe without reprimand!

As I said in an earlier post, if this is how it is we need C1872 watching every euro game, especially the Yahoo!'s, if ANYTHING happens, report it. The follow it up again and again until we see parity across the board.

Edited by cooponthewing