We need a gamechanger.

I would love us to get someone who can win a game on his own, we need that, anyone got any ideas? Naismith possibly, or this big name forward who is supposed to be coming.

A maverick type player, a no 10 attacking mid or a winger, someone with that x factor who can turn a game with a piece of magic. we seem solid enough in midfield but we need a wizard, like Krajncar, only maybe more mobile and more likely to bang in goals when you need them.

Edited by scotjo

I would love us to get someone who can win a game on his own, we need that, anyone got any ideas? Naismith possibly, or this big name forward who is supposed to be coming.

A maverick type player, a no 10 attacking mid or a winger, someone with that x factor who can turn a game with a piece of magic. we seem solid enough in midfield but we need a wizard, like Krajncar, only maybe more mobile and more likely to bang in goals when you need them.

I totally disagree....If you have that ONE player, the rest of the team begin to rely on him. That's what happened with Naismith. It's great when said payer is on form, but EVERYTHING falls apart if they are off form or injured.

We need players who function as a TEAM...we need backup/fringe players who function as a TEAM - no single point of failure.

I totally disagree....If you have that ONE player, the rest of the team begin to rely on him. That's what happened with Naismith. It's great when said payer is on form, but EVERYTHING falls apart if they are off form or injured.

We need players who function as a TEAM...we need backup/fringe players who function as a TEAM - no single point of failure.

I agree with the team thing but I also feel within that system you can have matchwinners and sometimes there are moments when that one player makes the difference.

Niko Kranjcar

I agree. In fact, you could see the difference in the team when he went off. What we need is someone else who can shoulder the burden. Maybe Pena is the guy to do that but only time will tell. Funnily enough, I thought Weiss could be the key too. He was one of the best players at last year's Euros, but I doubt we'd be able to afford him now.

I know Dalcio wasn't rated by many on here, but I'll put my neck on the line and say that I think he will develop into a great player for us this season. I just hope we've got a clause in his loan deal that allows us to buy him for a reasonable sum though.

I know Dalcio wasn't rated by many on here, but I'll put my neck on the line and say that I think he will develop into a great player for us this season. I just hope we've got a clause in his loan deal that allows us to buy him for a reasonable sum though.

I watched him off the ball last Thursday and he was making runs as soon as the midfielders had the ball at their feet facing goal only to have to turn back because they weren't spotted or he was drifting offside. I agree with you, I think there's a really dangerous player in there if the team can figure out how to use him.

I agree with the team thing but I also feel within that system you can have matchwinners and sometimes there are moments when that one player makes the difference.

That should apply to ALL players. A match-winner doesn't have to be a piece of sublime skill etc - it can just as easily be a simple pass, or a well timed cross. As I said, If the team start to rely on a single player, they then become lost without them. ALL players should be encouraged to look for Match-winning balls/performances.

Ultimately every single players job is to win the match!!!!

That should apply to ALL players. A match-winner doesn't have to be a piece of sublime skill etc - it can just as easily be a simple pass, or a well timed cross. As I said, If the team start to rely on a single player, they then become lost without them. ALL players should be encouraged to look for Match-winning balls/performances.

Ultimately every single players job is to win the match!!!!

Yes every player should be but that's ok in theory, look at last season nobody stepped up to the plate, it's something we lack as we stand at the moment.