[FT] Progres Niederkorn 2 - 0 Rangers

I see no reason why BH shouldn't mention it on a Rangers forum, it is Rangers related after all. It will undoubtedly make the press anyway.

Would you go and tell a bunch of knuckle draggers who are busting up a stadium that they are bams whilst they are in the middle of their destruction ?

And yet we point fingers at the Tims for breaking up the likes of Fir Park and Tannadice - these elements within our fanbase really are a bunch of morons who simply don't get how they score own goal after own goal.

it often works if its said in the right way coming from your own

it means exactly what it says

go and tell them how disgusted you are, why tell us?

I don't understand you!, you want a Rangers fan to go and tell Rangers fans they are out of order?

Edited by ian1964

UEFA competitions... it is what it is... deal with it! If the mighty Rangers cant deal with a part time football team from Luxembourg then we are in a sorry state as a team. Some of us know the feeling in Germany towards UEFA in general because of there lack of care towards the fans re pricing etc but even at that which is correct in my opinion I'm still not having that DB no no no! UEFA didnt lose this match Rangers did mate.

You didn't get the point ... or did not wanted to.

Like Herrera, he was three weeks behind the others in pre-season progress, as they have it differently in Mexico.

fair enough i guess but you wouldn't have thought the others had a 3 week head start tbh. Still thought he might have made the bench.

I'm sorry but you can't blame UEFA. If Rangers can't beat a team from Luxembourg then we don't deserve anything.

We lost against worse opposition in pre-season with better players. Pre-season it is and UEFA make us and many others play Europa League footie in pre-season. Simples.

And yes, we should do much better and never lose to teams from Luxembourg. And we wouldn't have 20 years ago, when we might have met them in the first round ... sometime in September.

Edited by der Berliner

I doubt that we thought of this being an easy tie. IMHO, we lacked the cohesion and sharpness that you only get with games, something that you generally only see from the end of September onwards. This is a typical pre-season game of which we lost and laboured against German 4th tier teams in years gone by with far better players. Get these Progres lads to Ibrox in October and we'll maul them.

In essence, as much as it may hurt, we went out two rounds earlier than - realistically - expected. And as long as this summer football rubbish goes on, this will happen time and again. Scotland cwill be lucky if they have even one team in Europe by the end of September.

DB I've been watching the Rangers for 50 years, that's half a century my friend, and we've never been quick starters however that is not the issue here. The beginning standard of ANY Rangers team should be far higher than these last two years have shown. The improvement to that comes as the season progresses. If it is not of significant standard then it cannot improve by much that is the issue here. We should be much better and playing a game away from home in any competition should be taken with great seriousness by ALL on the grass in a blue gersy.

Thing is, I always blame the players before the manager for results like these, I'm not defending PC here but the players he sent out should have been able to get through this tie!