[FT] Progres Niederkorn 2 - 0 Rangers

Thing is, I always blame the players before the manager for results like these, I'm not defending PC here but the players he sent out should have been able to get through this tie!

The buck stops with the manager

Please say that isn't so. It is embarrassing enough getting dumped out by a team from Luxembourg without the bam element of our support acting up.

Broken seats littered the track in front of the corner where most of the Rangers fans were seated at the end.

If the destruction of another's house is true then ALL Rangers supporters should condemn it. I'm not defending anyone. However anecdotal evidence is not of good standing regardless if the poster whom sited it is.

I saw fans break up and throw seats and I have photographs of the broken seats on the track.

Really the way to stop this is to change to summer football so that when the EURO ties come about there can be no excuses

Said so years ago, when half the December, January, and february fixture list was obliterated by the weather.

Just look at Alves, probably one of our best players was playing international stuff even last week, played through from last July.

Said it before, what we saw today was exactly what happened to a dozen or so Scottish teams trying their luck in Europe these last four or five years, ending up with pre-season squads fighting for European places.

Broken seats littered the track in front of the corner where most of the Rangers fans were seated at the end.

If that's true BH then I for one am disgusted by it because unlike the paper throwing incident at the home game this cannot be simply squared away as the actions of kids. Those who travelled to this game, much like yourself, are people with time and disposable incomes. Absolutely appalling behaviour.

Another fallout from this , is we have absolutely no preseason schedule now , the Europa league was preseason , we will need to scramble round trying to organise games against anyone , absolute shambles

The Manager picks the team,has shown them videos of opposition,passed on his tactics via diagrams and sent them out.

If these players then don't have the wherewithal to convert all this they are IMO more to blame.

DB I've been watching the Rangers for 50 years, that's half a century my friend, and we've never been quick starters however that is not the issue here. The beginning standard of ANY Rangers team should be far higher than these last two years have shown. The improvement to that comes as the season progresses. If it is not of significant standard then it cannot improve by much that is the issue here. We should be much better and playing a game away from home in any competition should be taken with great seriousness by ALL on the grass in a blue gersy.

Each to one's own, but I didn't see any lacklustre-ness in our players, which you seem to imply. 6 players in today's starting line-up have never played with one another in a meaningful competitive match. two more of the same category came on. I reckon most of the Progres team have played with one another for much longer, know how to defend as a unit and how to break. in that respect, they had it comparatively easy ... and as we have seen throughout these last few seasons, it is much easier to park the bus and try to hit teams on the counter than to actually play football yourself. If you have that odd bit of luck - we hit the post / crossbar three times today? - you reap the rewards. And the losing site always looks rubbish.

Anyway, this one was hard to take and no matter the discussion, the result will remain. PC and the players will have to deliver big time now, the bonus of playing in Europe is gone though.