[FT] Progres Niederkorn 2 - 0 Rangers

Stop selective reading! I blame UEFA for pre-season qualification rounds and explained it with not just ours, but also other Scottish teams' results, including the Yahoos loss in Gibraltar last season. I did NOT excuse our players for not beating a team that they should have beaten.

And I won't have nor debate this utterly stupid, nigh juvenile attacks on players and the manager. Good night!

I understand what you're saying dB and agree to an extent but even in bounce games against a semi pro team I would expect to score more than 1 goal on 180 minutes of football (191 including injury time). That's 3 hours and over 2 legs we created very few chances. We shouldn't be using 2 DMs when we know 1 goal will almost certainly put us through. It was negative in tactics, negative in spirit, negative in skill and forward thinking by the players. We should be able to totally dominate a team like this. It wasn't as if we were unlucky and their goal keeper had a blinder. He hardly had a save to make. The 2 goals we lost were appalling defensively on the left hand side. There was no leadership and organisation on the park.

How PC can keep Windass and shift Mackay is beyond me. I might shift both of them but Windass would be first. McKay would have carved holes in this lot.

I'm giving PC the first 1/4 of the season because the team do need time to gel. I'm backing him fully until then. If we're not a close second or better to Celtic and we are playing in the same sterile fashion then we have to get someone else in.

One positive that may come out of this is it may galvanise the team. If they have character they have 1/4 season to show it. I'm also giving Pena and Herrera a chance and I want to see Alves in with Cordosa.

Btw we are far too reliant on krankjar. You can't put everything through one man whose legs are clearly not great even if he is technically our best player. We need more variety. Unfortunately this result and effect on finances may put the kybosh on the Walker deal and we really need him now imo.

Depressing night but frankly I didn't think we would get past Limassol for the reasons you say dB.

The pressure is on but talk of sacking the manager at this stage is nonsense. It does however put pressure on him.

And yes the neds who broke seats should just f*ck off. They are not Rangers fans. They are just scum.

Come on GS. I know you like a wind up but he needs to go. We are all in shock ffs. If there is any way of getting rid of him and we have another option we need to take it.

This is by far the worst in our history. He should be hanging his head in shame, saying nothing and resigning.

If not he should be shown the door. He can't continue. I understand the loyalty people feel we should show but this is a game changer, he has to go.

We are balls deep now mate. We need to give him 6 months with all his signings etc.

Either that or find 8 million for a new manager.

Its to late to rip it up and start again.

I don't give a fuck about your opinion of other teams. I've always been taught to respect other teams and then beat them handsomely. There is no other leveller needed. We don't need to tell other teams, or ourselves, how good we are or disrespect them. A sound beating has always been suffice as far as I'm concerned.

only prob is we got the beating, from a pub team.

where's the captain?

why would a youngster who has played a few games be made to give the excuses?

Is it only the captain that should do post match interviews?, what difference does it make what player does the interview?

I've not hurt this bad since the 2008 final. Shocked and embarrassed is an understatement.

However I do believe that we are building something here - many Celtic fans will talk about the huge gulf that exists - but we still have alot of players to settle before the season kicks off.

Gutted to be out of Europe so soon though.

only prob is we got the beating, from a pub team.

And somehow you think I need reminding that my Rangers were beaten by a part time club... is there something wrong with you? Or are you just using an appeal to emotion as your best device? If you are then you need to up your game son!

Edited by Big Jaws