[FT] Progres Niederkorn 2 - 0 Rangers

Dave King was our only hope we thought, yeah he took control away from the S.P.I.V.S. he had Rangers at heart, a good bear with nothing other than what is best for the club and their fans.

I will be forever grateful to the man for all the nastiness (still going on) he has had to endure in rescuing our club from the assassins in wait. Cap doffed to the man for putting himself on the front line regardless of the haters!

One thing he is hopeless at though... spotting a manager who can buy and manage the team!

He can't be Superman I suppose, but his record in that department is a concern.

Tough job for a bear.

Dave King wasn't involved in the selection of Pedro. There was a selection committee and King wasn't part of it.

So our only expectation is to get past Progres ? No ambitions of challenging for honors this season ?

Failed at the 1st hurdle...dread what's coming next.

Alves may turn out to be a decent manager - but you are basing your "make Alves player manager" suggestion on absolutely nothing. What has he done to deserve the managers job ?

I'm basing it on our lack of options...just like '86

It's, quite frankly, nonsense. We don't need a complete novice right now. souness was always going to get time as he had money to burn. He never got found out as he had little to no competition.

No competition? The competition was far greater then than now.

Throw this squad to Alves and we would be playing Russian Roulette.... though we are pretty much doing that with Pedro anyway.

Go for it...what is there to lose?

What we need is a proven manager who has been there and done it - as I said earlier, hit up Sir Alex to give us a couple of years.

May as well ask Souness to come back, because you know fine well SAF will never happen. Using your term - It's, quite frankly, nonsense.

Failed at the 1st hurdle...dread what's coming next.

I'm basing it on our lack of options...just like '86

No competition? The competition was far greater then than now.

Go for it...what is there to lose?

May as well ask Souness to come back, because you know fine well SAF will never happen. Using your term - It's, quite frankly, nonsense.

SAF would be more reasonable than a complete novice.

Let me put it another way, if Alves is our "best option" then we are truly fucked.

I'm absolutely astounded that anyone would suggest Alves. There is absolutely ZERO basis on which to make the suggestion. In fact, Kenny Miller is more qualified than Alves - knows the Scottish game inside out and is at least doing his coaching badges. I wouldn't want Miller either though.

Now isn't the time to be rolling the dice.