[FT] Progres Niederkorn 2 - 0 Rangers

I would like to ask just what did this so called selection committee see in this manager , you just have to look at his record at other clubs to see he was not up to the job he is a dud .

I remember Advocaat going through the same when he arrived. We were well beaten by Hearts if I remember correctly and a couple of months later hammered by Celtic and many were calling for his head. We tend to be like that as a support. I remember the same with Hateley as well because he was "the worst striker we've ever seen". We're a new team that performed really badly in 90 minutes across the two ties. It happens. It's so frustrating, but it happens. Let's get things into a little bit of perspective. I know there are many who didn't want to give PC a chance and that'll be even more so now, but he's our manager and we should support him until he is given enough time to provide one way or another if he is up to the job. It's been less than a month since most of our team has played together. A bit more patience please.

Edited by Gaffer

I remember Advocaat going through the same when he arrived. We were hammered by Celtic and many were calling for his head. We tend to be like that as a support. I remember the same with Hateley as well because he was "the worst striker we've ever seen". We're a new team that performed really badly in 90 minutes across the two ties. It happens. It's so frustrating, but it happens. Let's get things into a little bit of perspective. I know there are many who didn't want to give PC a chance and that'll be even more so now, but he's our manager and we should support him until he is given enough time to provide one way or another if he is up to the job. It's been less than a month since most of our team has played together. A bit more patience please.

I remember those days as well but don't forget Advocaat and Hatley had a football pedigree and I wish he would keep his mouth shut about other teams the mans an embarrassment to the club and the fans .

In the cold light of day and as much as it pains me to say it.

The Europa League was always a bonus this season. The general consensus was we'd be doing well to get to the 3rd Qualifying Round.

Given the amount of time and money that has been invested in the squad so far over this summer. We need to get behind the team and give them at least the first round of matches (Octoberish). After that I think we'll truly know where we are at one way or another.

In the cold light of day and as much as it pains me to say it.

The Europa League was always a bonus this season. The general consensus was we'd be doing well to get to the 3rd Qualifying Round.

Given the amount of time and money that has been invested in the squad so far over this summer. We need to get behind the team and give them at least the first round of matches (Octoberish). After that I think we'll truly know where we are at one way or another.

We don't have any other option.

I remember Advocaat going through the same when he arrived. We were well beaten by Hearts if I remember correctly and a couple of months later hammered by Celtic and many were calling for his head. We tend to be like that as a support. I remember the same with Hateley as well because he was "the worst striker we've ever seen". We're a new team that performed really badly in 90 minutes across the two ties. It happens. It's so frustrating, but it happens. Let's get things into a little bit of perspective. I know there are many who didn't want to give PC a chance and that'll be even more so now, but he's our manager and we should support him until he is given enough time to provide one way or another if he is up to the job. It's been less than a month since most of our team has played together. A bit more patience please.

Advocaat was 0 - 3 down to Shelbourne, of Dublin, at HT, in a game played at Tranmere, in what I think was his 1st competitive match.

However, his team won 3 - 5, and went on to qualify.

Same old problem: we can't create chances, and then when we do we can't take them; and then we concede stupid, sloppy goals. I thought we were quite comfortable; we weren't in any danger, despite our lethargic performance. We even hit the bar three times.

There were moments in both games where we played some nice stuff, but it's nowhere near consistent enough. I believe that's how the manager wants us to play, but he's not getting them to do it consistently. Everyone has to take the blame for this result. They had never scored more than one goal in a European game. Embarrassing result. Even playing poorly, we should be beating this team.

Edited by Rousseau