[FT] Progres Niederkorn 2 - 0 Rangers

That 0-1 result tonight makes me feel even more sad!!!

It shouts out...not only are Progres crap, but Limassol were there for the taking too.

That was my first thought as well.

I think AEL will beat them comfortably in Cyprus, watched no doubt by some Bears who had already booked the trip/holidays.

But let's make no mistake about it, AEL would have been a tough one for us.

Brechin City would be a tough one for us on the evidence of what I've watched so far.

I think AEL will beat them comfortably in Cyprus, watched no doubt by some Bears who had already booked the trip/holidays.

But let's make no mistake about it, AEL would have been a tough one for us.

I know it's a long way off but should we not be arranging a number of friendlies throughout the season against the likes of AEL in preparation for next season's qualifiers. And not against the likes of RB Leipzig this time maybe

Edited by RANGERRAB

Excuses, excuses....we should have been more than capable of beating a team that finished 4th in the luxembourg league

This wasn't an excuse .... I was just stating facts. Maybe you misunderstood.

That 0-1 result tonight makes me feel even more sad!!!

It shouts out...not only are Progres crap, but Limassol were there for the taking too.

Or it means that Progres were a better team than some of us gave them credit for.

Or it means that Progres were a better team than some of us gave them credit for.

I've heard this many times and can't buy it...the fourth best team in Luxembourg for goodness sake!

How on earth they can be regarded other than cannon fodder shows how far the expectations of the fan base has fallen.

This is particularly worrying for me, I can't ever remember in all my time supporting Rangers that any fan, never mind a few defending such a result. Very worrying...sending out the wrong message to the board. Sweeping it all under the carpet as if it's 'just one of those things'.

An absolute shocker of a result in all my time...and I'm no spring chicken!

The only positive I can take out of it, is that Rangers have gone underground since, hopefully to find time to sort out the mess we find ourselves in. Hopefully.

This wasn't an excuse .... I was just stating facts. Maybe you misunderstood.

Maybe I did misunderstand your comment but it is totally unacceptable that we got put out the ELQ's by a team like Progres Niederkorn..

Even worse is that no one has resigned or been sacked as a result of last week.

I've heard this many times and can't buy it...the fourth best team in Luxembourg for goodness sake!

How on earth they can be regarded other than cannon fodder shows how far the expectations of the fan base has fallen.

This is particularly worrying for me, I can't ever remember in all my time supporting Rangers that any fan, never mind a few defending such a result. Very worrying...sending out the wrong message to the board. Sweeping it all under the carpet as if it's 'just one of those things'.

An absolute shocker of a result in all my time...and I'm no spring chicken!

The only positive I can take out of it, is that Rangers have gone underground since, hopefully to find time to sort out the mess we find ourselves in. Hopefully.

Who is defending the result? I don't see anyone defending it, or the manager. What I see is people putting it in perspective though. I simply stated a potential alternative view but people like you have already made your mind up and refuse to see anything else. So let me say again for the avoidance of doubt .... I'm gutted we are out of Europe and I believe our team is better than Progres, but if I was them I'd have been thinking that Rangers was one of the best draws to get. We've only just come back to the premier league after our exile. Our fans (me included) still regard Rangers as the team that was, rather than the team that is now. We've got a lot of rebuilding to do. We're still the same club, the same fans, and the same world record holders, but we will be a shadow of our former selves for sometime yet. I just hope PC is the man to help us advance. Do you?