[FT] Progres Niederkorn 2 - 0 Rangers

I see that the dandy dons, under the manager whom many would see ensconced at Ibrox, managed to draw 1 -1, at home to

Siroki Brijeg (no, me neither) a team which finished a creditable 7th in the Bosnian League, last season. His starting line up featured 3 new players.

Given that we have a new manager and 9 new players; can someone please explain to me what the DoF does for the rest of the season apart from pick up a fat salary?

He has plenty to do. Ship out as many of MW's duds before the end of next month & replace them with better quality signings.

And he needs to be ready to bring in a new manager at short notice should this situation arise in the near future as I expect it will...

He has plenty to do. Ship out as many of MW's duds before the end of next month & replace them with better quality signings.

And he needs to be ready to bring in a new manager at short notice should this situation arise in the near future as I expect it will...

Quite so, shipping out those who are surplus to requirements is important, albeit a short term job.

Whilst we're on that subject, the Hamburg Loyal guys I met in Luxembourg were adamant that RB Leipzig DID offer £5 million or perhaps €5 million for Barry McKay in January. It was obvious from the fact that he only extended his contract by one year the previous year that he wasn't going to sign again without a significant pay rise and by all accounts there was a big gap between his wage demands and what Rangers were offering, so why on earth did we hold on then sell him for £500k?

I see that the dandy dons, under the manager whom many would see ensconced at Ibrox, managed to draw 1 -1, at home to

Siroki Brijeg (no, me neither) a team which finished a creditable 7th in the Bosnian League, last season. His starting line up featured 3 new players.

Aye, I was in my mancave doing a bit of bike fettling, listening to RS, and guess which team they spent most of the build up talking about.....

Edited by Devil's advocaat

Quite so, shipping out those who are surplus to requirements is important, albeit a short term job.

Whilst we're on that subject, the Hamburg Loyal guys I met in Luxembourg were adamant that RB Leipzig DID offer £5 million or perhaps €5 million for Barry McKay in January. It was obvious from the fact that he only extended his contract by one year the previous year that he wasn't going to sign again without a significant pay rise and by all accounts there was a big gap between his wage demands and what Rangers were offering, so why on earth did we hold on then sell him for £500k?

I suspect they were misinformed.

Was it not revealed that we actually got more than 500k?

I think the Progres-AEL game shows that Progres were perhaps better defensively than we gave them credit for. However, we should not be conceding two goals against them, as they had very little quality going forward. We missed glaring opportunities in that second leg too.

Edited by Rousseau

I think the Progres-AEL game shows that Progres were perhaps better defensively than we gave them credit for. However, we should not be conceding two goals against them, as they had very little quality going forward. We missed glaring opportunities in that second leg too.

That's the understatement of the century.

... why can't some folk not start to behave like man again and finally take a grip. We've lost, it is history and needs not to be painted black'er than it was with every new day. Given the sentiments right now, for some PC can't do no good and everything will be put under the microscope like there is no tomorrow. Well, well ...