No quality, no bottle, no Progrès - Should the manager be sacked?

Two things concern me.

1. Fitness. In the two competitive games so far, the team has looked off the pace, lacking sharpness, physically, and, I am afraid, mentally.

I know it is early in PC's tenure, and in the season, but it has to be addressed; pdq.

2. PC is a technical coach, with ideas about how a team should play. I wonder, however, about his qualities as a man manager, and motivator.

Again it is early, but the performances against part timers from Luxembourg have lacked drive, dynamism, direction, and appeared tentative

which I fear is indicative of a lack of confidence.

I think these two concerns are related.

Edited by Uilleam

I believe that where we were prior to Warburton's appointment, and during the Murty reign - we needed a successful, experienced manager with pedigree and vision in abundance. I feel that at both of those points we have made the wrong decision which hasn't taken us forward in any way. Which has been justified from the state that MW left us in after his departure.

To get back to the level we should be, we need to have the quality, ability and mentality to win big matches. A valid criticism of MW and PC.

What irks me the most is that last night was a big game....against poor opposition and we still couldn't find a way through. Also concerning that when we consider PC's reign to date is that he doesn't seem to have the ability to motivate or organise the team. I cant think of a game when we saw either of these from PC.

No, he shouldn't be sacked.

He's an upgrade on MW, and has upgraded the side. Whether that's enough to achieve what we want? I'm less sure than what I was.

Of course we're always looking to win the league, but I really don't think that's an appropriate target this season. I want 2nd. Comfortably. I still think we've got the manger and team to do that.

Rousseau , im not too sure hes an upgrade on anyone , we are playing almost identically to MW , we dont get the ball into the box quickly or often enough and we have no one to run past the forwards from midfield .

This is potentially going to be a long long season

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/780-no-quality-no-bottle-no-progres-should-the-manager-be-sacked

Please use the main site poll.

In my view, despite the criticism, I don't think we sack the manager as it stands but it's very difficult to make a strong case for him staying outwith the fact any new manager would be left with no budget.

We have a few weeks to go before the start of the season and i would sack the manager today and use that time to get an experienced manager in .

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/780-no-quality-no-bottle-no-progres-should-the-manager-be-sacked

Please use the main site poll.

In my view, despite the criticism, I don't think we sack the manager as it stands but it's very difficult to make a strong case for him staying outwith the fact any new manager would be left with no budget.

But that's a very big "outwith". We've got tons of Warburton duds on the books. We'd also have PC's and they presumably came to play with him and so...............a bloated squad of duds who would have no connection to any incoming manager. It's a f+cked scenario.

I'd go so far as to say that it's probably a rhetorical question as unless a billionaire wants to give his fortune away to us (and none ever have) then we have no wiggle room whatsoever.

Rousseau , im not too sure hes an upgrade on anyone , we are playing almost identically to MW , we dont get the ball into the box quickly or often enough and we have no one to run past the forwards from midfield .

Feels like it already has been, tbh. "Start season. Hope....very poor......Catastrophic....Despair. "

But that's a very big "outwith". We've got tons of Warburton duds on the books. We'd also have PC's and they presumably came to play with him and so...............a bloated squad of duds who would have no connection to any incoming manager. It's a f+cked scenario.

I'd go so far as to say that it's probably a rhetorical question as unless a billionaire wants to give his fortune away to us (and none ever have) then we have no wiggle room whatsoever.

Agreed but if results don't come quickly when the season starts the fans will force a change.

I bet auld Ethel has confiscated her husband's phone and favourite waistcoat.

Edited by Frankie

Not a huge upgrade I'll admit, but I still think he's an upgrade; and the squad itself I think is better, but we'll need to wait and see if it's good enough -- it's certainly not started well.

I don't think we're playing anywhere near how MW had us playing. I think we are getting the ball into the box more, but, for me, the quality is not there; I did expect better quality in the cross, as that's how PC wants to play, but I've not seen it.