No quality, no bottle, no Progrès - Should the manager be sacked?

Just saw on sky there is a question mark over one of their players taking a banned substance , didnt catch all of it though

The guy who scored the second goal was apparently banned at his previous club for taking an asthma treatment.

Doing a Celtic would be even more embarrassing than losing the game.

Yes, but were it to be the case we could then request/agree to a play-off (the thing they refused) and come off looking good. Something (as well as the play off) we desperately need.

Edited by SteveC

Ok....so PC gets the sack & McInnes is brought in.

What happens if he loses the 1st game of the season??? Then poor performance in the 2nd, 4rd etc....Everyone will be saying it's the poor players, they don't have the quality....but they'll lay off the manager for a bit, coz that's who the fans wanted. The season progresses, we scrape through a few rounds of the cups, sit 2nd in table, a couple of points above Aberdeen, Ceptic already have a clear lead and we haven't challenged them at all - 1st OF game a comfortable win for them. What then???

I feel there is something bigger at play than just what the manager & players are doing. Over recent years, we have seen several managers & many players come through the doors, yet the same basic problems exist - shoddy defence & poor finishing.

I find it strange that with so many personnel changes, the same issues are inherent in each team....

What happens if he loses the 1st game of the season??? Then poor performance in the 2nd, 4rd etc....Everyone will be saying it's the poor players, they don't have the quality....but they'll lay off the manager for a bit, coz that's who the fans wanted. The season progresses, we scrape through a few rounds of the cups, sit 2nd in table, a couple of points above Aberdeen, Ceptic already have a clear lead and we haven't challenged them at all - 1st OF game a comfortable win for them. What then???

I feel there is something bigger at play than just what the manager & players are doing. Over recent years, we have seen several managers & many players come through the doors, yet the same basic problems exist - shoddy defence & poor finishing.

I find it strange that with so many personnel changes, the same issues are inherent in each team....

nah

sack him and get a decent quality manager brought in

not donald park's or anyone elses pal for that matter

Obviously we have some serious issues. The players looked completely lost and unsure of what's happening. The new signings so far look very poor. The manager looks tired and up against it at every turn. Worst of all it looks like quite a few players don't have any belief in the manager.

All that being said doesn't make Mccinnes a good manager he is a dud. Sorry but he is, he is not even close to being good enough. If PC was sacked it can't be to replace him with someone as poor as Mccinnes level.

We have invested heavily in PC and have not to date seen a single game with his preferred team. For me that's his biggest mistake and one he may well pay the price for. If it was down to me I would stick with PC but insist the strongest squad possible plays from now on. A team meeting must be called between the DoF and the players. If the players say they have no faith in the route the club is taking then we have a stark choice to make. Get rid of the players who are in doubt or get rid of the manager. For me those players have been a problem since they arrived under MW. The mentality shown is dreadful. They have no fight. Clean house fully once and for all.

It is also imperative the captain loses his position. He was silent during the game with rossiter the only player pushing the others on. Miller is a problem his moaning and lack of concentration on his own game needs dealt with. The captain also failed to face the fans after the game. Not even remotely captain material. Give it to Alves and let's start knocking heads together.

It isn't really strange. It's be because, as a club, we were criminally assaulted and all but killed off by the authorities whose duty it was to protect us. Trying to re-emerge from near-death while living up to being the world's most successful club would have been all but impossible in a stable situation. We have had to try and accomplish this with violaters and club destroyers actually in power at our club.

We were gutted from top to bottom, we are hated by everyone in our "sporting " environment.

We were the leading sporting establishment in our country and therefore our enforced, illegal, changed status cannot fit with our/the world's perception of what should be. We need many things to change this. A different nation to play in (a changed Scotland or another country) and Three Bears who are billionaires not just millionaires.

Edited by SteveC

It is also imperative the captain loses his position. ....

I've said this since he was made captain. I like him in interviews. I want him to be a good player and he occasionally is but ...well, really, he's actually a better defender than he is a captain and he can hardly defend at all.

I've said this since he was made captain. I like him in interviews. I want him to be a good player and he occasionally is but ...well, really, he's actually a better defender than he is a captain and he can hardly defend at all.
he seems a lovely guy who deserves respect but as we have said he is not captain material. Captains need to put nice aside for winning