No quality, no bottle, no Progrès - Should the manager be sacked?

It isn't really strange. It's be because, as a club, we were criminally assaulted and all but killed off by the authorities whose duty it was to protect us. Trying to re-emerge from near-death while living up to being the world's most successful club would have been all but impossible in a stable situation. We have had to try and accomplish this with violaters and club destroyers actually in power at our club.

We were gutted from top to bottom, we are hated by everyone in our "sporting " environment.

We were the leading sporting establishment in our country and therefore our enforced, illegal, changed status cannot fit with our/the world's perception of what should be. We need many things to change this. A different nation to play in (a changed Scotland or another country) and Three Bears who are billionaires not just millionaires.

The current issues at the club are nothing to do with anyone else, the league we're playing in or Association we're affiliated to......none of them have influence over how our players operate on the park. The SFA/SPL don't effect our inability to shoot at the goal, or defend a corner.

but if you'd rather blame everyone else, then so be it.

The game is over but what lead up did we have,we are playing a team who have no European pedigree having never won and only scoring once,full of amateurs,should be a nice jolly before next round with as usual many of our supporters taking it as a foregone conclusion and not for first time severely bitten by result.

We now have to look to presenting a decent challenge on the domestic front with the sidetrack of European football over.

Over next few weeks till Motherwell game a concentrated effort must be made to gel those who are likely to be in the squad and an even more concentrated one to get rid of the duds who won't be.

In the meantime we have to get behind "Our Team":rfc:

The club need to organise a friendly at Ibrox with an spfl side immediately, show it on RTV and give tickets to ST holders for free and inform Pedro it would be in his best interests to put his very best foot forward. If after the game no progress can be seen with his full side out then the board need to sit and make a decision. It would be an unfair and stressful thing to do but it weeds out the weak and let's them all know that below par effort will not be accepted

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/780-no-quality-no-bottle-no-progres-should-the-manager-be-sacked

Please use the main site poll.

In my view, despite the criticism, I don't think we sack the manager as it stands but it's very difficult to make a strong case for him staying outwith the fact any new manager would be left with no budget.

it would leave the next incumbent with players chosen by Pedro. Doubt anyone with quality would take it on

He's got until Christmas

That's 2 managers who haven't a clue about managing Rangers, the pressure or the expectation. He has been backed by the Board and must have the chance to prove himself and his signings.

Can someone explain why Alves has signed for us, why come to Scotland?

That's 2 managers who haven't a clue about managing Rangers, the pressure or the expectation. He has been backed by the Board and must have the chance to prove himself and his signings.

Can someone explain why Alves has signed for us, why come to Scotland?

To win trophies ,experience the atmosphere, live in an advance country with every freedom and chance for his family, play in front of 50000 world famous fans, work for a fellow countrymen I guess he knows, while getting paid 35k a week. Why wouldn't he come?

To win trophies ,experience the atmosphere, live in an advance country with every freedom and chance for his family, play in front of 50000 world famous fans, work for a fellow countrymen I guess he knows, while getting paid 35k a week. Why wouldn't he come?

Good to have a laugh after last night. :champs:

No, he shouldn't be sacked.

He's an upgrade on MW, and has upgraded the side. Whether that's enough to achieve what we want? I'm less sure than what I was.

Of course we're always looking to win the league, but I really don't think that's an appropriate target this season. I want 2nd. Comfortably. I still think we've got the manger and team to do that.

I have yet to see any evidence of an upgrade. In fact Dalcio for McKay could be a downgrade.

Whether he gets the sack or not upgrade can not be used at this time.

The current issues at the club are nothing to do with anyone else, the league we're playing in or Association we're affiliated to......none of them have influence over how our players operate on the park. The SFA/SPL don't effect our inability to shoot at the goal, or defend a corner.

but if you'd rather blame everyone else, then so be it.

That isn't what I meant. I made my feelings on the manager, players and set up very clear in numerous other posts. The state our club is in and the lack of quality of players is however, imo, part of a larger picture. There's no need to be so dismissive of my opinion. We have lower quality footballing staff than we would have had if all the abuses of the last decade had not occurred is my opinion and I can't really see how it is not the case. However, if you don't agree, fine but there's no need to flip me off.

The player we have should, of course, still beat the aptly, if unfortunately, named 'Progres' with consummate ease. Our youth team should be able to - and quite possibly would.