No quality, no bottle, no Progrès - Should the manager be sacked?

I have yet to see any evidence of an upgrade. In fact Dalcio for McKay could be a downgrade.

Whether he gets the sack or not upgrade can not be used at this time.

That comparison is certainly a downgrade, but I think Jack, Alves, Cardoso, Candeias, Pena (Dorrans?), and Herera are better than Halliday, Kiernan, MOH, Holt and Garner/Waghorn. Whether that means we'll achieve what needs to be achieved, I don't know. I merely stated that I believe the players we've signed are an upgrade.

Edited by Rousseau

That comparison is certainly a downgrade, but I think Jack, Alves, Cardoso, Candeias, Pena (Dorrans?), and Herera are better than Halliday, Kiernan, MOH, Holt and Garner/Waghorn. Whether that means we'll achieve what needs to be achieved, I don't know. I merely stated that I believe the players we've signed are an upgrade.

To be fair, I think we missed Holt last night. We certainly missed his industry. Jack & Rossiter didn't work out.

Is a big factor in your eyes not also the fact Mckay is a winger where as these guys are inside forwards by the looks of it? Don't personally think their jobs are to skip by defenders and hit the byline. Their job to me is to pull the FB and LM inside then pass to an overlapping defender. Problem is the over lapping is not happening at the correct time or tempo

To be fair, I think we missed Holt last night. We certainly missed his industry. Jack & Rossiter didn't work out.

I was thinking that when I wrote it. I like the double pivot, but I think one needs license to push forward and make late runs; Holt can do that, but Jack and Rossiter are not that type of player. In future it could be Dorrans or Pena - who I think both play deeper, but are attacking players?

Edited by Rousseau

We're in for another car crash season. We may as well have kept Warburton from what I've seen. I would sack the manager asap. He's lost the fans in a very short space of time and he won't be getting them back in the immediate future.

The manager was brought in to revolutionise the team,he has brought in players,with little or no tome to gel,has off-loaded some non triers and surplus to requirement.

Unfortunately we failed in our EURO tie but we must now give him time to let his squad acclimatise and if no improvement by half-season then things need re-assessed.

Too often knee jerk reaction does not work.

As fans we must get behind him and the team and rid ourselves of the negativity.

He's lost the fans in a very short space of time and he won't be getting them back in the immediate future.

Fickle isn't strong enough a word to describe many fans. If the team were to go on an an opening league run similar to that Warburton had in his Championship campaign the magic hat would soon be back out and on the head of Pedro.