No quality, no bottle, no Progrès - Should the manager be sacked?

too add, the youngest Rangers forward line in the history of the club Willie Henderson, Alex Willoughby, Jim Forrest, George McLean Craig Watson against Real Madrid in a European Cup match in the Bernabeu Stadium in 1963.

Imo, if we were back in the days of having money, our manager would not have lasted the day after the farce in Europe.

He is still in place because we can't afford to replace him and for NO other reason.

Imo, if we were back in the days of having money, our manager would not have lasted the day after the farce in Europe.

He is still in place because we can't afford to replace him and for NO other reason.

I'd like to think that even if we had lots more money, he'd still be in place. If the board was to replace him, I'd be so disappointed in their lack of prudence and understanding. Thankfully however, they appear to be smart and sensible people who appreciate the rebuilding job we have to do, far better than some of our fans seem to be able to.

This is what worries me about fan ownership. I'd like some confidence that if supporters owned the club, we would have sensible and pragmatic people in place to represent the long term interests of the club, and not someone who would pander to supporters' short term hysterical reactions to a couple of bad results.

This is why I'll be happy to continue my support for Club 1872 to ensure that there is a check and balance to the actions of he board. However, if overall control the the club became a real prospect, I would be very concerned about how the nominated representatives would ensure that the best interests of the club were at the heart of their decisions. I feel that DK and the others really have the best interests of Rangers at heart, and are happy to make tough decisions even if they are unpopular with large parts of the support. I take comfort from this.

too add, the youngest Rangers forward line in the history of the club Willie Henderson, Alex Willoughby, Jim Forrest, George McLean Craig Watson against Real Madrid in a European Cup match in the Bernabeu Stadium in 1963.

we got roasted

They were never going to sack him two games into the season, no matter how poor we were in Luxembourg and no matter how justifiably pissed off we are.

What is true is that it has cost Pedro a hell of a lot of capital. Anything less than very solid from here and he's in trouble.

and your point is youth doesn't cut it ?

The team that was trashed at home started with Wilson (24), Beerman (just turned 18), Hyndman (just turned 20), Holt (just turned 22), Windass (22), and Dodoo (21).

MW and injuries left us with a depleted squad, so we had to use what was left. Tav and Waghorn weren't at the races for the best part of the season, the "well-experienced" Holt was asked to do the donkey work in midfield to cover the more creative players and so on. That was what PC had to deal with. As I said above, bar Foderingham and the two senior full-backs, hardly anyone of last season will be a first choice starter. So how on Earth can someone say this side will fail under PC again? You simply haven't seen them kick a ball thus far.