No quality, no bottle, no Progrès - Should the manager be sacked?

I think we need a bit perspective here. In the immediate aftermath of this terrible result, the knives will be out for the manager but in the cold light of day his sacking would be an overreaction.

If we were to get rid of him, who would we bring in? Do you think that a new manager 4 weeks before the start of the season is a good decision? What about the players he has brought in?

The manager needs to be given a chance to see what he can do in the league. A good start and this European nightmare will be dismissed as a lesson learned. The pressure is on Pedro now. It's essential that we win the opening game at Motherwell and follow it up with 2 home victories so that we can breathe again. 9 points under our belt and a team gelling will bring back our belief. A bad start and a stuttering team doesn't bear thinking about.

Maybe I'm naive and/or in denial but I remain optimistic.

Agreed but if results don't come quickly when the season starts the fans will force a change.

I bet auld Ethel has confiscated her husband's phone and favourite waistcoat.

Aye, fair point. I bet she has. What could he do, anyway? What could any manger do with the disparity in their favour in: squad talent, spending power, starting places, and control over Scottish football?

what is that based on?

Just my own observations of how we play, and his training methodology. Some good ideas with good potential, but we've not seen it enough; it's only been in 5 minute spells here and there. Not good enough.

Agreed but if results don't come quickly when the season starts the fans will force a change.

I bet auld Ethel has confiscated her husband's phone and favourite waistcoat.

I'd love to see Smith go up against the "Mighty Brendan".

However I still live in hope that we have our very own "Special One" who just needs a little bit more time.

keep hering wait and see, we don't have that luxury,bookies already paying out on celtic lifting the title,if no action is taken the consequences could be more dire than we ever imagined.

To be honest, I don't think our performance last night will have a big bearing on how we'll do in the league; it's a completely different situation. It's set PC back, though, and he now doesn't have the leeway. A couple of poor results at the start of the season and I will lose patience.

I refuse to call them a pub side because that's disrespectful, but they are as close as you can get in professional football. Even on a poor day, we should be beating that team.

Not a huge upgrade I'll admit, but I still think he's an upgrade; and the squad itself I think is better, but we'll need to wait and see if it's good enough -- it's certainly not started well.

I don't think we're playing anywhere near how MW had us playing. I think we are getting the ball into the box more, but, for me, the quality is not there; I did expect better quality in the cross, as that's how PC wants to play, but I've not seen it.

the home game we certainly didn't , I actually left feeling really really down watching us , there is no purpose to our play , players take up positions that block others from moving into space , Dalcio wandered from side to side not really doing anything , KM drops deep into a position he simply cant play , I don't see any style or system I really dont

OK, i'll bite :)

Sack him today and bring McInnes in. With the players we have, and assuming Dorrans and maybe Walker signs, I bet he'd comfortably get second place in the league for us and give Celtic a proper challenge.

Our priority should be to establish ourselves as title challengers again and back to being the best team in Scotland. Any progress in Europe is a bonus for the next few years.

the home game we certainly didn't , I actually left feeling really really down watching us , there is no purpose to our play , players take up positions that block others from moving into space , Dalcio wandered from side to side not really doing anything , KM drops deep into a position he simply cant play , I don't see any style or system I really dont

I think those wide forwards are supposed to play inside, in the half-space, with Full-backs providing the width. It's a good idea -- many sides do it -- but I agree Miller is not the answer.

There is a system, it's just not bloody working!

It's middle to front where we're struggling; we're not clicking. For all his passing ability, I don't think Kranjcar is mobile enough to be our No.10, so I'd like to see him deeper - at least in games where we'll dominate, and dropped for those we'll not.

Edited by Rousseau