Barrie McKay Joins Forest

McKay ain't an outright winger AND ... I think we should give our current wingers a few months to settle before saying they aren't any good, wouldn't you?

Stop putting words in my mouth that aren't there. Where did I say our current wingers aren't any good ? I didn't.

Regardless, McKay is still better than any of the wingers we presently have. Which makes it even worse for the current encumbents if we are to believe your assertion that he isn't an outright winger....

Except he IS a winger. He has played probably 99% of his game time as a winger for us. And you can bank on Warburton playing him as a winger too. Im pretty sure that makes him a winger, regardless if he can play the "10" or not.

Quite frankly this is a disgrace of a decision.... I know we need to sell players nowadays but this is a guy who with the right team around him would provide that creative spark to create goals. Granted last year was not the best from him but it wasn't for any of them. And for what 500k..... awful. This pisses me off more than the bloody Europa result. Going out of Europa is short term damaging selling our top assets for peanuts is long term detrimental to us. I really hoped now we had a management structure all the way up to the top in place that would compete with that lot but once again its clear we are not even close.

If what is being said about the contracts is true then i guess i would tone my message down a bit but we dont know what the contract offers were. He should be one of the higher earners at the club. So pissed.

Many on here (including you) are judging Dalcio after two games. I'm judging McKay after two seasons and I've yet to see an effective player in him. There's no doubt he had the potential but not the attitude or desire, so I'd much rather take a risk on someone who might be effective (i.e. Dalcio), rather than stick with someone who has proven that he is not.

I just dont get this line of thought at all.... Attitude/work rate is something that can be changed a hell of a lot easier than actual footballing ability. if we are judging McKay on last year then we should be happy to get rid of the lot of them. They were all hopeless. This is a guy we should have fought to keep.

Barry is being very selective with his words , the reality was he was offered several contracts and declined them all , he made himself surplus to requirements

does it not depend on what the offers are? We shouldnt judge purely based on the fact offers were made, if they were crap offers, he should reject them. Dont think we could hold that against any player.

Some points to ponder:-

1) McKay was never good or consistent enough to build a team around.

2) We still have too many of the last two seasons players on or books E.G. Dodoo,Forrester, Waghorn etc.

3) We lost out in Europe due to lack of playing time for players to gel and possible over confidence/lack of respect to them.

4) The league is about to start which will give us a real idea of how the team will react.

I have not entered into CCC for away games so am looking forward to first home game.:rfc: