An Idea? "Gersnet Trip to Sheffield".

I would go but I really don't want to drive the 500 miles there and back on the Sunday and the hotels are at rip off levels for the Saturday night.

I would consider going on the Sunday, staying over and back Monday, if that suits anyone?

I got the Novotel in the City Centre for £45 (it's one of the newly refurbished Novotels).

http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-1348-novotel-sheffield-centre/index.shtml

I would go but I really don't want to drive the 500 miles there and back on the Sunday and the hotels are at rip off levels for the Saturday night.

I would consider going on the Sunday, staying over and back Monday, if that suits anyone?

500 mile round trip really ain't that far...

I took the wife & wean to Liverpool for a coffee (literally - they have a "Friends" coffee shop) last year, and a couple of years ago, drove to London for a gig, then drove home.

I got the Novotel in the City Centre for £45 (it's one of the newly refurbished Novotels).

http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-1348-novotel-sheffield-centre/index.shtml

Thanks for that JC.

As per previous comment there's no shortage of reasonably priced rooms at cheap prices on the Sunday night inc a BW apparently reduced from £176 to £50. The Novotel looks good although the £45 is ex breakfast as far as I can see, can't argue with that. It's £53 inc breakfast for one person (normally £13.95 for breakfast). Members get an additional 10% off.

Giving it serious consideration.

Anyone want to share the car, I'll drive?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

500 mile round trip really ain't that far...

I took the wife & wean to Liverpool for a coffee (literally - they have a "Friends" coffee shop) last year, and a couple of years ago, drove to London for a gig, then drove home.

I did Luxembourg in 24hrs which is about 500 miles round trip. Driving at night is the best as there is no hold-ups. It is just accelerator foot pressed against the floor,:D

I did Luxembourg in 24hrs which is about 500 miles round trip. Driving at night is the best as there is no hold-ups. It is just accelerator foot pressed against the floor,:D

I drove Glasgow to Devonport, dropped my brother off and went straight back to Glasgow.

Mind you, I was much younger then.

I drove Glasgow to Devonport, dropped my brother off and went straight back to Glasgow.

Mind you, I was much younger then.

And there was me asking myself if you were old enough to have a driving licence Boabie. Shit my nose has just grown a couple of inches.:D

And there was me asking myself if you were old enough to have a driving licence Boabie. Shit my nose has just grown a couple of inches.:D

I haven't been behind the wheel of a car for 10 years mate. A small medical condition means insurance is beyond my finances these days.

A taxi number and/or the loan of a mates phone to call my daughters prevents me being housebound and allows trips to my local. My over 60 bus pass comes in handy too.

Must admit I don't miss driving.