Revised Poll for the Date of the 6th Gersnet Dinner

What date do you prefer for the next Gersnet Dinner  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What date do you prefer for the next Gersnet Dinner

• 10 March v Celtic
    • 17 March v Kilmarnock
    • 7 April v Dundee
    • other

I'm left wondering what the difference between an official Gersnet dinner and an unofficial one is.

IIRC you declared the last one to be "unofficial" because of the low numbers that led to cancellation of the speaker; personally I take the view that any dinner organised in the name of Gersnet is an "official Gersnet Dinner".

I'm not complaining I'm laughing at your inability to understand how a public poll on a bulletin board works especially given you previous experience with public polls on bulletin boards.

Then you can carry on laughing at my expense.

I thought, obviously wrongly, that the inertia position would be that it was a secret ballot unless I made it otherwise.

Im left wondering how many rounds of voting and hustings the ham went through to win a place amongst sunday lunch at brahims house.

It's called democracy, GS; but that's fine we can do away with polls in future and just let Craig name the day.

You need to find some sense of perspective. You are being ridiculous.

Clearly we have an entirely different sense of perspective.

I'm not clear which part of my response was "ridiculous" but I'm eager to learn.

I don't see the issue with people knowing the results of the poll before they vote. It's hardly the KGB attempting to influence a Trump victory.

We go with the winning date. We go with the Italian (or poll the venue if you must). We get an ex-player or two to speak. We have fun. Simples...

In the meantime let's not fall out over a wee get together. :)

Clearly we see things differently from the point of view of the poll; otherwise, I'm in complete agreement.