Revised Poll for the Date of the 6th Gersnet Dinner

What date do you prefer for the next Gersnet Dinner  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What date do you prefer for the next Gersnet Dinner

• 10 March v Celtic
    • 17 March v Kilmarnock
    • 7 April v Dundee
    • other

You're taking the whole thing too seriously. The dinner is meant to be a bit of fun. Accusing people of trying to influence the poll? Cmon.

I doubt most who voted care when it is. Most, like ourselves can probably make all the dates at this point., or don't know what their arrangements are this far out. It may even be the case that some who voted have no intention of and as such the result is skewed.

I agree I take organising the dinner seriously.

I certainly would be disappointed if some folk have voted but have no intention of going. I doubt that's the case unless they physically cannot attend on the chosen date.

17 votes cast is actually pretty good when you consider that out of the 47 people who have attended the past dinners, only 25 are/were members, one of whom is deceased and another barred, which also takes out his son. So 22 members who have attended in the past are eligible to vote and it looks like most have taken the opportunity to do so along with 2/3 possible newbies.

Now who's slighting the forum members?

Certainly not me. Not even sure how you can jump to that conclusion.

How many voted last time and how many attended ?

Anyway, I'm done. With absolutely no disrespect to the forum or its members, this is not a significant deal to me. I can't attend and that is perfectly fine by me.

he didn't say you were manipulating the vote

come on

your just winding him up

Thanks for that, CS; I'm glad you can see it.

I stated my opinion that it was wrong for him to reveal the state of the vote because it might influence other voters; and now it's a federal issue?

I don't know what it is with Craig right now, but he seems to take every opportunity to try to wind me up with some very borderline comments.

he didn't say you were manipulating the vote

come on

your just winding him up

I'm not sure how he isn't saying that

"Why not cancel this poll and hold this event after the Celtic game" (conveniently the only one I could attend) OR

"Dispense with the poll and let Craig choose the date"

How else would someone take those if not trying to manipulate the date ?

Either way, as I said, I can't attend which is absolutely fine by me. Therefore I'm out.

I'm not sure how he isn't saying that

"Why not cancel this poll and hold this event after the Celtic game" (conveniently the only one I could attend) OR

"Dispense with the poll and let Craig choose the date"

How else would someone take those if not trying to manipulate the date ?

Either way, as I said, I can't attend which is absolutely fine by me. Therefore I'm out.

Neither of the comments you have quoted indicate anything of the sort; they point to your stated preference nothing more and nothing less.

As the Returning Officer for the constituency of Gersnet, I hereby declare that the total number of votes cast for each DATE in the poll for the Date of the next OFFICIAL GERNSET DINNER is as follows:

• 10 March v Celtic 3 votes (17.65%)

17 March v Kilmarnock 8 votes (47.06%)

• 7 April v Dundee 6 votes (35.29%)

And that 17 March 2017 v Kilmarnock has been duly selected as the date of the 6th Official Gersnet Dinner.

The venue will be La Fiorentina Restaurant, 2 Paisley Rd W, Glasgow G51 1LE.

Further details to follow.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

As the Returning Officer for the constituency of Gersnet, I hereby declare that the total number of votes cast for each DATE in the poll for the Date of the next OFFICIAL GERNSET DINNER is as follows:

• 10 March v Celtic 3 votes (17.65%)

17 March v Kilmarnock 8 votes (47.06%)

• 7 April v Dundee 6 votes (35.29%)

And that 17 March 2017 v Kilmarnock has been duly selected as the date of the 6th Official Gersnet Dinner.

The venue will be La Fiorentina Restaurant, 2 Paisley Rd W, Glasgow G51 1LE.

Further details to follow.

But, but, but that's St Paddy's day. Surely that can't be right.:whistling:

But, but, but that's St Paddy's day. Surely that can't be right.:whistling:

I didn't want to mention that in case I influenced the vote. :facepalm:

We can all dress up as leprechauns and wear green and white scarves for the day.

BD can get out his green balaclava. :D2