UEFA fine Rangers €7000 for throwing paper

Yeeeeees ... and still, I doubt the club will condone another display there unless the organizers start talking and offer ideas how in future games somesuch is not repeated, don't you think?

Agreed.

Like gathering the stuff aftre a display ... or naughtily simply attach numbers so one know who actually throws the tuff on the field?

Neither suggestion is practical. unfortunately.

Then every European club that does this and similar should be targeted. Will anyone scrutinisethe matches and UEFA response this season? Barcelona-Real Madrid and others throw on paper and confetti etc. UEFA are as corrupt as ever.

I see confetti and streamers different and they are not usually thrown at opposition players. Toilet rolls should also be on the banned side as the roll could contain something else heavy.

I see confetti and streamers different and they are not usually thrown at opposition players. Toilet rolls should also be on the banned side as the roll could contain something else heavy.

I expect something so light as confetti/ streamers would stay largely in the stands. Anything at all with enough weight to reach the pitch and is then thrown on to the pitch has to be frowned on.

As I have already posted several times IMO the throwing of the scrunched up paper made it onto the playing area due to where the display was made.If like many past displays it were to be again held in the Sandy Jardine Stand,or even the Main Stand sections it is unlikely to reach the playing area, if thrown,whereas the Copland and Broomloan sections are too close to the pitch.

This is Ned behaviour and I'll explain how it works. The first wee guy does it and it is funny. However nearby neds then have to kick the arse out of it by all copying the first guy, so it then becomes boring. The next step (which didn't happen at Ibrox) often involves the bed desire to go one better than their mates, so chuck a coin, a lighter, a Buckfast bottle.. next thing they're on the park, etc!

It was a bit like the Hibs fans at the Cup final. Fair enough they hadn't won it for 100 years, so thousands run on to celebrate. Once on the pitch they don't know what to do next, so one says something cheeky to a Rangers player. Then another Ned has to take the next step to look big in front of an audience so Lee Wallace is getting punched. Most Hibs fans just wanted to celebrate, but their being on the pitch in the first place enables total knob ends to attack players, because they sure as hell wouldn't have the balls to assault our players if they weren't in a mob already. You have to nip any neddy behaviour in the bud right away because it will get out of hand, even if it doesn't start out that way.

thankfully throwing paper has not escalated into throwing totties or anything since the progres game

and I agree most Hibees were celebrating and why not

it's the fault of the cops that anyone could have got on the pitch

We should be extremely relieved and thankful that we have not been charged with vandalising the Stade Josy Barthel in Luxembourg after Rangers fans damaged several seats and threw them on to the track (perhaps aimed at security guards) at the end of the match.

They also come in handy at times......

[tweet]887267698647986176[/tweet]