Barrie McKay: Rangers' treatment forced me to leave for Nottingham Forest

I have a feeling he was always going to leave in this window, his choice of words are a bit bizarre though.

Great first touch, ability wise probably the best at the club, however the application was sadly lacking

Heart the size of a budgie's boaby as well, not interested when the chips are down and you need to get stuck in

Whilst none of us know how he was treated he's used a stupid phrase there and underlined the lack of perspective so many footballers seem to demonstrate.

I imagine all of the players knew the directors and Warburton were not getting on long before February. It's not hard to understand why any player would want to wait and see what was going to happen with the manager before signing a new contract.

Where does this idea of McKay being lazy come from? I can accept someone thinking his crossing wasn't good or him not taking chances but calling him lazy baffles me. No player in our side covered more ground than McKay and Holt in the last two seasons. Lazy?

Anyway, he's gone and that's that, I think it was a big mistake by the club and another reason to question PC, that's a different thread. Good luck Barrie in Sherwood Forest.

Where does this idea of McKay being lazy come from? I can accept someone thinking his crossing wasn't good or him not taking chances but calling him lazy baffles me. No player in our side covered more ground than McKay and Holt in the last two seasons. Lazy? .

Its a tag that's been hanging around him for ages. Possibly born from a belief that he is better than he actually is.

Saw him a couple of times when on loan to Morton....Would definitely class his performances as lazy. Very little off the ball running, expected everything to arrive at his feet.

McKay wasn't lazy though he spent most of last season simply trying to avoid injury, it was crystal clear he was for the off.

Undoubtedly one of the most technically gifted players we've had in years and one of the few from whom one moment of skill could turn a game.

Irony is if he'd actually bothered last season he probably would have found himself somewhere better than Nottingham Forest.

There was one game at the tail end of the season where McKay clearly wasn't trying. He put in no effort in the first half and got punted by Pedro at half time.

After that performance, I'm not surprised that Pedro felt he couldn't trust McKay, which is a shame as he could be a major asset to us.

If McKay was lazy, I'm glad none of those commenting thus ever saw Davie Cooper regularly or they would be wanting him punted as well.

I remember Alex Miller when he was manager of St Mirren (therefore pre-Souness) telling me that he wouldn't take Cooper due to his lack of effort, and that he didn't contribute enough to the team.

Cooper, famously, said'

"I played for the team I loved",

(and he did not mean Clydebank, or Motherwell, smart arse.)

Frankly, I've heard enough about McKay, who wanted away.

He'll end up a 'legend'....for Peterborough.

Edited by Uilleam

If McKay was lazy, I'm glad none of those commenting thus ever saw Davie Cooper regularly or they would be wanting him punted as well.

One big difference, Davie had an end product called magic !