[FT] Rangers 1 (Kranjcar 75) - 1 Marseille

Took time to read all foregoing comments as I am not long in from game(I do not do friendlies!!!) and am pleased with what I saw.

Foddy good punch out in first half and two very good saves in second>Tav after my criticism of last season I saw aplayer in there.Cardoso/Alves a complete stroll while together.Wallace reasonable up to Wilson coming on and struggled to cover for "bombscare".Jack/ Dorrans /Krancjar all done pretty well especially Jack.

Candiaes worked well with Tav. and looks as if he can improve Miller looked like the square peg in a round hole and Herrera a good outlet.

Regards subs knew that when "bombscare" came on we were bound to lose a goal whilst others did not have much time to show.

Absolutely brilliant goal from Niko.

I will unfortunately miss first league game but after today I am filled with a bit more hope.

Official number was 22107

That's about what I thought (circa 25k). I sat in the CD today and it was pretty sparse all round. Enjoyed the second half more than the first. Tav had a great game as did jack and Nico.

Alves and Cardoso look solid and alves on another level. Niko looking class as usual. I still feel we are lacking penetration and didn't see a great deal from Herrera? Good start for Dorrans and all things considered a good workout.

Craig Thomson is just a complete tadger! The man is a "roaster!". He could not wait to pull his yellow card out in first half. Then let the frenchies off with some crunching tackles!

tru blu yes he could do a job for us but i will never ever forgive him and whitteker for saying we were dead , not for me mate

I remember CaseyJones, one of the best posters RM and this place has seen calling us dead at that time. Would he not be welcome back either? If we weren't dead then we were something pretty close to it. And on that note, the Rangers I see now isn't the one I grew up supporting.

The fact of the matter is that Steven Naismith is the type of player that can get us challenging Celtic again. He's one of us and I would welcome him back with open arms. It's not long ago he was sticking out as a high level EPL player. There's few players (if any) in our squad who could ever dream of being at that level.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Thats a fine result, just when I was expected to read about a bit of a cuffing we manage a 1-1 and going by the posts it seems a decent performance. At least we managed to hit the net albeit not from open play which has to be what we need to work on and I think that will come with more gelling and match time plus a little shuffling around in personnel.

Watford friendly in midweek before Sheff Wed - which should really become an annual fixture.

While it's a small point, we need to get a stadium announcer who at least knows the names of the players. Joseph Holt? He also struggled with Morelos and I think he got it wrong, but hard to tell due to the mumble.