[FT] Rangers 1 (Kranjcar 75) - 1 Marseille

I guess you've no idea what a big thing it was for us to sign Johnston.

If Naismith did re-sign for us, it wouldn't come close to what was felt by Rangers fans back in 1989, and that's not even looking at the religious side of things.

A few days after being paraded by the mhanks in a scumbag top! I bet we can all remember where we were when we heard the news!

I was visiting family in Hampshire, I had great summer holidays down there. Playing cricket and tennis with my cousins (no laughing at the back).

Got the phone call from back home and it was all over the news. An earthquake like no other!

Other players leaving us for monetary gain!! what utter crap. The situation has to be considered that shouldn't even need said. Really thats the best justification you can think of!

I was quoting you. "He left us for dead for monetary gains." If you feel what you said was utter crap then fair enough.

If you think a player wanting to leave to better himself is the same as what those players did i wish i had your ignorance and could feel less anger towards their actions.

I didn't say that..so which of us is showing ignorance?

your dismissive attitude towards those angry about this and the use of terms like hyperbole to describe fans feelings on the issue is exactly why there will be fights in the stands if he appears.

My attitude is going to cause fights? Really? I think you're justifying my hyperbole comment.

Also the opposite cant be argued because there is absolutely no basis other than maybes to think the players wouldn't be paid .Can you point to a single employee who wasn't paid what he/she was due?

Perhaps everyone got paid because some of the high earners were removed from the payroll?

Never mind the worsening of the situation from the loss of £15-20m we could have earned through their sale and how this effected the balance sheet and us moving forward as a going concern.

I'd agree with that to a great extent, so I'd qualify my last comment in my previous post.

However we had some cashflow problems around and Green's lack of effort to keep them suggested that we couldn't afford them in a very short term basis and may have been concerned about if and when they could have been sold. I doubt we would have got £15-£20m though. Someone buying Naismith from a financially strapped Scottish club? £3m max. Whittaker £2m max and that's pushing it. I'd agree though that it would have been better if they had stayed and we had got transfer fees, if we could have managed the cashflow involved.

The position we are in right now is partly due to their actions and will never be forgiven or forgot by many of us.
Green and co would just have found ways of blowing the cash. I doubt we would be that much better financially at this point.

Hatred and resentment are such poor qualities in a human being but expecting civil war/uprising between kindred fans,come on it's a game of football not a threat to life.

What these players did is an extremely emotive subject for some and the club means more than football to more than a few so a man that played a part in at best keeping the club down and at worst playing an active part in its near death walking out at Ibrox as if butter wouldn't melt in his mouth will see a reaction.

If you think people within the support will not boo and heckle SN and then turn on any who disparage their anger then I'm not to sure you have been to Ibrox. God things like that happened over Charlie Adam never mind Naismith.

Kindred spirits is nonsense too I am afraid. It's became clear over the past few years and longer that splits between the support exist and even when fighting for survival we can't all agree or work together.

Some see the club as just football others see it as a beacon of religion and others see the founding fathers as the true club as a few examples. None are wrong but to say everyone is in it together or even after the same thing is wrong as this issue here shows. I would rather see us loss and come third this coming season than have SN sign. Somethings are worse than losing at football.Some want to win at all costs and see nothing wrong with what Naismith did while others feel what he did is unforgivable. Especting one side to forgive and forget because others want to just shows we don't work together and look out for each other. The fact a section of the support have serious reasons for not wanting SN should in that case be enough reason not to sign him if we actually worked together.

Putting ones wants over others is also a disgusting trait in a human I am sure you will agree.

Okay we can beg to differ but I can't see that him and others staying would have made the "journey" any quicker and as regards losing millions in transfers I doubt it as no one would have paid us that sort of money at that time.

I was quoting you. "He left us for dead for monetary gains." If you feel what you said was utter crap then fair enough.

I didn't say that..so which of us is showing ignorance?

My attitude is going to cause fights? Really? I think you're justifying my hyperbole comment.

Perhaps everyone got paid because some of the high earners were removed from the payroll?

I'd agree with that to a great extent, so I'd qualify my last comment in my previous post.

However we had some cashflow problems around and Green's lack of effort to keep them suggested that we couldn't afford them in a very short term basis and may have been concerned about if and when they could have been sold. I doubt we would have got £15-£20m though. Someone buying Naismith from a financially strapped Scottish club? £3m max. Whittaker £2m max and that's pushing it. I'd agree though that it would have been better if they had stayed and we had got transfer fees, if we could have managed the cashflow involved.

Green and co would just have found ways of blowing the cash. I doubt we would be that much better financially at this point.

So who are these other players that did the same as these guys that you referred to then? You clearly make out all these guys did was same as players all over do. That's just nonsense, they left when the shit hit the fan as cowards do. Edu and the rest showed it wasn't necessary and was completely the choice of the individual. Actions have consequences and they should have to face those consequences.

Most of the rest is just sheer speculation based on nothing really but imagination.

Fair enough you think that is all we would have got for them but it changes absolutely nothing. Be it £2m or £10m the loss of sellable assets at that time made things way worse not just for the club but the fans too. We would have received more than it cost us to keep them until the window even at lowest estimates of value.

The players wages were under no threat after being tuped over. If contracts had been broken they could have left without any harm. The courts, UEFA, SFA, and spl would all have backed them. All they had to do was stay until the next transfer window.They didn't, they left for selfish reasons without a care for anyone left behind including staff who had taken care of them.

Maybe the moon would have fell out the sky too the next day. Sums it all up they left us high and dry for nothing more than a maybe.

The only issues I have with re-signing him is that the Naismith we remember was five years ago and he has largely been out of first team football for a season ... and there will be absolutely no chance of generating any transfer income when he goes. I suspect he will disappoint if he comes back. Of course I could also be ridiculously wrong, as usual.

The only issues I have with re-signing him is that the Naismith we remember was five years ago and he has largely been out of first team football for a season ... and there will be absolutely no chance of generating any transfer income when he goes. I suspect he will disappoint if he comes back. Of course I could also be ridiculously wrong, as usual.

Most players that have come back have failed to reach former glories. But I'd be prepared to take a punt on Naismith.