[FT] Rangers 1 (Kranjcar 75) - 1 Marseille

Most players that have come back have failed to reach former glories. But I'd be prepared to take a punt on Naismith.

So long as there is a reasonable fee involved. No point in shelling out millions for someone who's almost 31 AFAIK

We had Kris Boyd brought back by Super Ally and what did he do?,used him as a target man to hold up the long ball kick out/pass from defence,a guy who was one of the best poacher/striker of our goal scoring past.

A total miss-use of a talent but in case of SN I don't think that mistake will happen as Pedro IMO is much more shrewd than Ally was.

Agree any purchase price has to be right.

The only issues I have with re-signing him is that the Naismith we remember was five years ago and he has largely been out of first team football for a season ... and there will be absolutely no chance of generating any transfer income when he goes. I suspect he will disappoint if he comes back. Of course I could also be ridiculously wrong, as usual.

he improved after he left us. I didn't realise he been out for so long.....how many games did he play last season ?

We had Kris Boyd brought back by Super Ally and what did he do?,used him as a target man to hold up the long ball kick out/pass from defence,a guy who was one of the best poacher/striker of our goal scoring past.

A total miss-use of a talent but in case of SN I don't think that mistake will happen as Pedro IMO is much more shrewd than Ally was.

Agree any purchase price has to be right.

Sorry Mack but Boyd had absolutely NO talent apart from that of a poacher. A lazy one at that too.

Jim Forrest was the gauge to grade Boyd by and he is is judged by me as wanting in every single department of his performance.

When Ally brought Boyd back that lazy bastard would still have found a way to get caught offside if he had the worlds best midfield and forward line on the park to support him.

Ally should not have brought him back. Rangers should never have signed that waste of space in the first place.

Hatred and resentment are such poor qualities in a human being but expecting civil war/uprising between kindred fans,come on it's a game of football not a threat to life.

I agree with that - and with some bears I don't think there is hatred towards Naismith. I think its we just don't want to see him being allowed to pull the Gers shirt on again as he doesn't deserve to.

I agree with that - and with some bears I don't think there is hatred towards Naismith. I think its we just don't want to see him being allowed to pull the Gers shirt on again as he doesn't deserve to.

Getting a player of his quality on a free transfer is a no-brainer. We would be thieves to our own purse not to do it.

The old biblical saying comes to mind: "Let the one among you who has never sinned throw the first stone."

From Olympique's site ...

Glasgow Rangers 1 - 1 OM | OM stumble against Rangers

Par Sébastien Paoli

Photos © Kirk O'Rourke - Glasgow Rangers

For their last test run before the official season starts (Thursday, 8.45 pm, against KV Oostende in the UEFA Europa League), the Olympiens hit a snag. They end their summer preparation with a draw (1-1) against the Rangers. And this despite a fourth goal from Valère Germain (63').

In their preparation phase, OM wanted to have a seventh consecutive win. In order to have achieved this "grand slam", they needed to make a stopover in Glasgow, where the Rangers were waiting resolutely for the Olympiens.

When the action got underway, it was the boys from Marseille who tried to quickly gain control of the ball and take charge of the match. But at the start of the match, suitable as an observation round, the Rangers put up a solid opposition against Rudi Garcia's men. It is the Scots, thanks to a shot from Dorrans, who strike first but this doesn't upset Steve Mandanda (13'). The Olympiens, on the other hand, come together and reply with a curling shot from Florian Thauvin outside of the box, which passes outside the Rangers' frame (17').

At the half hour, neither team had a great opportunity to take the lead. The game heats up, the Rangers seeming to be more dangerous especially when Hubocan (36') or Sakai (39') get between the ever-energetic Candeias.

The end of the first half approaches. OM are once again in danger but the defense and its experienced Rami-Rolando combo put a stop to the opponent's attacks. The referee whistles half-time with a score of 0-0.

On returning from the changing rooms, neither team changes around their players. During half-time, perhaps Rudi Garcia's pep talk perked up his players. The Olympiens play higher up the pitch but as the game kicks off again, they still are running up against the Scottish midfielders.

At the hour mark, with fatigue on both sides, the two teams stretch out and offer open spaces to the strikers. First of all, there is a lack of coherence of the Olympique defense which provides Morelos the chance to upset Mandanda (60'). A danger that causes the boys from Marseille to wake up in the minute that follows, Sanson on the left sending a glorious pass to Valère Germain. The new Olympien striker does not need to be asked twice to send a superb volley in the back of Foderingham's net (63 ).

With the opening of the score, OM try to keep it in control. They were not counting on Kranjcar, who dropped a magnificent free kick in the top corner, passing Mandanda and equalising the game (75').

The end of the match changes nothing. The two sides end up with an equal score of 1-1.

Rudi Garcia wanted the conditions of a European Cup, in a big stadium and in front of passionate supporters. He got what he wanted. With this draw in Scotland, Olympique de Marseille finish off their unbeaten summer preparation. A good omen for the start of the season

https://www.om.net/en/news/324507/glasgow-rangers-1-1-om-om-stumble-against-rangers

Highlights on OM's site: https://www.om.net/en/videos/324510/glasgow-rangers-1-1-om-highlights