Rangers are Disappointing Me - and I want us to be better

Started reading it and quickly stopped, we as a support do have our flaws, but so do many others. I would say the club and the support have been proactive in dealing with any 'unsavory' behavior or songs, but they have been few and far between, maybe TBB a couple of times at Old Firm games when tensions are running high but nothing like the absolute disgusting banners displayed across the city the other week, that's not just a one off incident from they lot so lets just leave it there.

Started reading it and quickly stopped, we as a support do have our flaws, but so do many others. I would say the club and the support have been proactive in dealing with any 'unsavory' behavior or songs, but they have been few and far between, maybe TBB a couple of times at Old Firm games when tensions are running high but nothing like the absolute disgusting banners displayed across the city the other week, that's not just a one off incident from they lot so lets just leave it there.

Not forgetting the hanging sex doll effigies.

We were accused by Uefa OF launching Stealth bombers and Jet fighters at Progres-are-us or somename the other week, it wasn't til the club said in mitigation that it was paper airplanes launched by our special needs section, that UEFA downgraded our charge from attempted genocide, to litter louts. £7000 fine and made to watch the second leg game multiple times, ouch. Fare tried to get in the act as well by claiming, the paper airplanes thrown were coordinated to land and spell out the words FTP and Fuck UEFA , Fortunately UEFA disciplinary panel saw right through that dirty lying smear. Why am i mentioning this, i haven't got a clue.

A few points;

1. I agree to an extent. Personally I have absolutely zero interest in the OO or anything like that, but I certainly don't feel that Rangers officially or unofficially play to that. That minority who are OO and choose to follow Rangers are, as said, a minority and also do so in their own free will with zero persuasion.

2. 2 orange strips in our history. It is hardly as if this is a targeted thing. Are Liverpool being sectarian as they have an orange strip this year. It should also be noted that the strip was released in the year which we had many many Dutch internationals.

3. You had to go back a good few years to find the picture of that flag. I personally haven't seen it in Ibrox before or on any other Rangers pictures.

4. If you feel that your 'political heartbreak' is affecting your love for the club, then stop being a fan. Rangers always will be a Scottish, British club. If that doesn't sit right with you and is affecting your enjoyment, then leave the party.

5. On the charity stuff, yes Rangers does a massive amount of charity work. Do you think they don't publicise it or do you maybe think that those outside the club who have the power to spread the word choose not to? And if you are aware of this work, why are you bothered?

"The Le Guen years" - more like the Le Guen six months.

He uses the term "progressive" in the same way as the SNP in that if you believe what I do then you're "progressive" and if you don't, you're not. There's an arrogant "I know better than you" attitude whenever the phrase is used.

"there’s nothing inherently wrong with support for the Union" - why use the word "inherently" unless you feel that there is something wrong with supporting it? You're showing intolerance with that phrase as you are with your description of "loyalism". As FS says, you're doing what you accuse Rangers fans of doing.

"would love to see the club return to that 2012-2016 spirit" - much of the football was crap and there was no spirit for much of the period due to the charlatans in charge of the club.

You also need to cut out the excessive use of unneeded apostrophes and get the spelling of Rangers legends' names right. I blame the schools!

Absolutely spot on Bluedell. I was slightly baffled by the continued use of "progressive". In what way are the majority of Rangers fans not "progressive"? I would say that I am fairly liberal and so are my mates. However if hating those who glorify terrorism and constantly disrespect our country is not "progressive" then I mus be seriously 'regressive'.

The article reeks.

Hah, yeah the 'Le Guen years' caught my eye too.

I don't know if the guy is for real or not, but I think he is a Rangers fan for what it's worth. In the end if that's how he feels that's how he feels, as someone up thread said he'd be better off writing about his concerns on here and discussing it with fellow bears first though.

As a support we're broader and deeper than we're ever given credit for and he's hardly alone in being embarrassed when people associate Rangers with Orange walks and the 'long to reign over us' banner, whilst clearly a wind-up, did make me cringe too.

I'm uncomfortable with any Rangers supporter telling another Rangers supporter they should stop supporting the club because of their politics though.

To put the author into perspective:

Following the murder of Lee Rigby

Though their actions were of the worst nature and their response evil, don’t the perpetrators have a point?

and:

a group of Glasgow Celtic fans unfurled banners stating “Your deeds would shame all the devils in hell. Ireland. Iraq. Afghanistan. No bloodstained poppy on our hoops.” The issue was that the Celtic fans (a fanbase with a historically Irish heritage and Republican sympathies) disagreed with the club’s decision to display a poppy on the team’s jersey for November, the month of recognition of the services of the British Army – the very same army responsible, as they see it, for brutally enslaving Ireland to British tyranny (which is hard to dispute). As a Glasgow Rangers fan, it has to be a very serious issue for me to side with a group of Celtic fans, but in this instance I did, feeling in complete unity with them over the issue

Basically, to the author, you may be a Rangers fan but your moral code is not one I have any time for and the fact that you side with the Green Brigade bigots on the "Bloostained Poppy" issue shows that you're not someone I would want to associate with or would want associated with at Ibrox.