Rangers are Disappointing Me - and I want us to be better

I can agree with you on a lot of points and agree we should support Rangers and not have other agenda's but we cannot shut protestantism and Unionism out of our history or just expect it to disappear because you or I dislike it.

Protestantism and Unionism is BAD! A real bad if you hate it! I love it, always will 'til I die. Rangers FC are BAD too because the media says so and that's final! Their coverage on it is sectarian!

In all honesty...I love the Rangers and hate what C*ltic represent...at the end of the day we are all Scottish - yes even the plastic paddies! Born Under a Union Jack is a fact I love too.

Do we have to change because of what people see us as? I agree we do have an extreme but some people will only like us if we are like them. That would be giving up on our own identity and we can't do that. Cut out extremism but never forget our history,

No, absolutely we shouldn't change because of how people see us, but it is based on the extremism we need to keep trying to cut out. I also think we can keep our history but continue to evolve in to a more welcoming club. This is anecdotal, but I know quite a few people who see Ibrox as totally unwelcoming and scary - and not in the good 'fortress for home games' way. I always tell them it's not like that and as long as you don't noise anyone up you'll be fine, but it doesn't stop the perception, and I think we could do more to improve it.

I'm so proud to be a Rangers supporting non-catholic...the media stretching right up to the Scottish Government have an issue with that!

Well they won't get my vote for independence - Ever!

Protestantism and Unionism is BAD! A real bad if you hate it! I love it, always will 'til I die. Rangers FC are BAD too because the media says so and that's final! Their coverage on it is sectarian!

In all honesty...I love the Rangers and hate what C*ltic represent...at the end of the day we are all Scottish - yes even the plastic paddies! Born Under a Union Jack is a fact I love too.

I certainly don't hate protestantism as I am one but I have to admit I was an SNP supporter from 18 yrs of age although because I live abroad I have never voted for them. I was always a labour person before that. Because of the Irish republicanism within the SNP I would not vote for them now. I would find it very hard to vote for the Tories, in fact impossible.

Edited by pete

No, absolutely we shouldn't change because of how people see us, but it is based on the extremism we need to keep trying to cut out. I also think we can keep our history but continue to evolve in to a more welcoming club. This is anecdotal, but I know quite a few people who see Ibrox as totally unwelcoming and scary - and not in the good 'fortress for home games' way. I always tell them it's not like that and as long as you don't noise anyone up you'll be fine, but it doesn't stop the perception, and I think we could do more to improve it.

Amongst 50.000 people you will always find something you don't like. I have never felt Ibrox unwelcoming and scary and to be honest it is the shouting you are a wanker at players from their first mistake that get on my chest.

I certainly don't hate protestantism as I am one but I have to admit I was an SNP supporter from 18 yrs of age although because I live abroad I have never voted for them. I was always a labour person before that. Because of the Irish republicanism within the SNP I would not vote for them now. I would find it very hard to vote for the Tories, in fact impossible.

Pete...you are just like me then! I too supported the SNP for opinions I held back in the day, more to do with what's best for Scotland and how the English tories kept f'kg us up! I was an Arthur Scargill fan back in the day, he got a hammering by the MSM. Politics is something I used to have a lot of time for, but not now - I have a complete scunner for it today, and basically reached the stage where I couldn't care less anymore.

There are only a couple of things that boil my pish nowadays...May and Sturgeon!

Ibrox - 'Unwelcoming and scary' Where the fck do you go with that? Mental obsessed post if you ask me!

I didn't say it is, obviously i've been lots of times and I don't feel that way, but this is how some other people I have talked to see it, and to be honest, I can see why people might feel that way too.

I didn't say it is, obviously i've been lots of times and I don't feel that way, but this is how some other people I have talked to see it, and to be honest, I can see why people might feel that way too.

I have no idea what kind of people would see it that way to be honest. You can of course find something to be offended about even in a church if you are looking for it.

You must be talking to timmy mate? It's bath time for you buddy :lol: